21 days study of God's word

Hello guys, hope everyone is doing great.
I just started a 21 days study of the book of Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians. Am inviting anyone that will like to join me so we could share thoughts, insights and questions.
One chapter daily. Just read Galatians chapter one today.
Thank you and God bless

4 Likes

I’d enjoy doing that.

1 Like

Welcome Brittany. This will be a good 21 days journey.
Did Galatians 1, a background story of the epistle to the Galatians by apostle Paul.
Why it was written?
To whom? And,
Context of the chapter.

Tomorrow we start from Galatians 2

1 Like

Hello Brittany.
Here’s what I got from chapter 2 of Galatians.
Freedom in Christ: this is brought about by our justification, justification by faith not by works of the law. The freedom was rather strange to the Jews and they wanted to convince the Gentiles that salvation is by works and not only buy believing (faith).

Verse 20 was the verse that stood out for me. Crucified with Christ, so I can have him live in me. I live by faith that the son of God is he that lives in me and not I. And the prove of that is that he died for me and rose again. Sits at the right hand of the father, interceding for me.

1 Like

I appreciate you starting this conversation. Hopefully others will be encouraged to join in, too. :slight_smile: Sorry to be slow.

Galatians has been encouraging so far for me. I’m curious - what inspired you to choose Galatians? I’m from the U.S., and I can see you’re from Nigeria - is there anything going on in your home country reminding you of a passage we’ve read so far?

I admit I’ve logged on a few times intending to write, then was unsure of which direction to head. So, I searched for Galatians 3 resources and found an RZIM article highlighting the freedom we have in Christ as described in Galatians 3:13-14. Freedom in the U.S. is typically associated with fulfilling one’s desires, or as the article’s author describes as decadence. I’m encouraged by the reminder true freedom in Christ does allow us to fulfill our desires - it reveals a changed heart and a desire to love God and others. I’m reminded of Galatians 5:16-18.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires wha is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Gal. 5:16-18

Are there other resources you’ve found helpful as you read through Galatians? What is your approach to reading and studying Galatians?

1 Like

Hello Brittany, been a couple busy days for me and three more on the way but I try to read through the plan every opportunity I get to.
Hope you’re doing good?
Well, I just across the plan on my Bible app and I just wanted to dive into it, to know what the situations was and the solutions God provided through Apostle Paul.

So far in Galatians, I feel the message has been freedom in Christ. Freedom from the Law and freedom from the flesh. Read chapter 5 this morning, it spoke more of the spirit, faith, love all leading to liberty in Christ.

Usually what I do is read the book first before going into any resources or materials. I want to read it from a free place with no thoughts of what someone said or thought. After am done reading and studying, I then go through this resources to get their take on what I have studied for better understanding and insight.

I just approach it with Questions of what, why, when and how.
Here are some verses I highlighted from chapter 5:
Verse 1
Verse 5
Verse 6
Verse 14
Verse 16
Verse 22 - 23 (probably the mostly popular verse in Galatians)
God bless and have a lovely day.

1 Like

Thanks, @Mein - I will look back at those verses specifically. What stood out to you about them?