This morning I came across these conversation starters:
The article is focused on how romantic partners can have a stronger relationship, but I think many of these questions would be great for friends or people you meet ‘as you go’ as well.
- What do you miss about being a kid?
- Tell me three things that happened in the last week that you’re thankful for.
- What makes you happy?
- Who or what has changed your life?
- What matters most to you?
- What’s some of the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
- If a genie granted you three wishes right now, what would you wish for?
- What do you value most in a friendship?
- Who’s someone you really admire?
- What do you think about most?
The six central ideas behind their 52 questions are that gratitude, nostalgia, giving/asking for advice, sharing, learning one another’s preferences, and finding commonalities are all predictive of trust and stronger connections.
If you try some of these out, let us know how it goes!