A Checklist For A Good Response

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

Hi friends,

We want YOU to feel confident and good :sunglasses: about participating in discussions in RZIM Connect. We understand that in a forum filled with opportunities to ask questions of the RZIM speaking team and passionate experts, it can sometimes feel intimidating to add your voice to the discussion.

Most importantly, we want you to know that this is a welcoming, encouraging community. We’re here to cheer you on as we all grow to maturity in Jesus. This is a place where we give one another the benefit of the doubt.

At the same time - what if there was a way to know - in advance - if your contribution will be valued and helpful to others?

Good news: we have a checklist just for you!

If you take the time to go through each of these items, there is a good chance your contribution will be one of the most helpful additions to any conversation you participate in!! :fireworks: :clap: :partying_face:

It might take you extra time :clock8: to develop an answer with this process. However, by investing this time, you will be training yourself :muscle: to be far more prepared for spiritual conversations in the rest of your life. And, you will be making an immensely valuable contribution to this community. Your answer could help many other people :earth_africa: grow in faith and be inspired to live an evangelistic lifestyle!

Understanding The Questioner:
:white_check_mark: Who is the questioner? What emotions do they express? What is their age? Gender? Denomination? Cultural background?
:white_check_mark: Are they asking the question for themselves or a friend?

Understanding The Question:
:white_check_mark: Is the question more related to discipleship or evangelism?
:white_check_mark: Can I do any research to better understand what they are asking?

Developing My Response:
:white_check_mark: Have I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit for guidance?
:white_check_mark: Do I demonstrate empathy for the questioner?
:white_check_mark: Do I demonstrate understanding of their question?
:white_check_mark: Could any part of my answer seem disrespectful to someone else?
:white_check_mark: Is my tone humble and friendly (vs condescending and authoritative)?
:white_check_mark: If I reference other sources, are they widely respected as faithful and trustworthy?
:white_check_mark: Do I concisely state a rational point?
:white_check_mark: Do I illustrate what I mean in a way that might make sense within the cultural framework of the questioner?
:white_check_mark: Do I explain how my answer could practically apply in their context?
:white_check_mark: Have I accurately and carefully included Scripture in my answer?
:white_check_mark: Do I ask any questions?
:white_check_mark: Can I edit my answer to be more concise? Add paragraph breaks? Maybe some emojis? :smile:

We hope this brief guide inspires you to feel really good about adding your voice to the conversation in RZIM Connect! We will grow in faith as we encourage one another in this community - thank you for all you do to serve one another, for the glory of God!

Trending Questions: "Should We Fear Artificial Intelligence?" with Dr. John Lennox
What does a great contribution to RZIM Connect look like?
How can I join the RZIM speaking team?
RZIM Connect: A Moderated Community
Discuss: Should We Fear Artificial Intelligence? #TrendingQuestions
(Ryan D'souza) #2

Thanks Carson. This will be really helpful. Appreciate your guidance.

(Desiree Lanzino) #3

This is helpful. Thank you, Carson! Blessings, Desiree

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

(Eileen) #5

I so appreciate this check list, as it has answered a few of my questions. This has been very helpful. Thank you.
The Lord bless you, Carson

(Sven Janssens) #6

Another bookmark so I wont loose it :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for this list :+1:

(CarolAndrews) #7

Hi, Carson, this checklist will be such a useful resource, thankYou. It is very encouraging. :blush:

(Joshua Manahan) #8

Wow this is very helpful.

(Vanessa Sandoval) #9

Thank you for the information and it’s good I can always come back here to review later. Blessings

(Chloe Barker) #10

Thank you for these bullet points, I will definitely be using them as reference!
C :smile:

(Ken Rose) #11

Thank You Carson,

I copied-and-pasted your checklist in a OneNote tab. Will keep close and review before addressing questions.

Ken

(Tabitha Gallman) #12

I needed to read this from the start. Thanks for this list. I will print as a reference. I tend to respond emotionally and my husband can attest to my impatience. I have been part of other online groups and this one by far is the most professional.

(Kier Delambaca) #13

Thank you so much for the list. I’m excited to share this to others! :grin:

(Askew Taabu) #14

Awesome! This is very helpful. God bless you