A claim that Jesus is evil, the author of hell, or does evil work?

Dear Sir,

Some people says/said that our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible is the prince of evil (or Our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible is the prince of the evils) and our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible was and is author of hell.

Someone also says/said that our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible is evil for sure.

Is there any reliable historical evidence ( or evidences) outside the Christians Bible that:
1.Our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible is prince of evil (or Our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible is the prince of the evils)?

2.And Our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible was and is author of hell?

3.And our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ of the Christians Bible is evil for sure?

Please response to me these three(3) questions.
(N. B. Sorry if my questions are awkward)

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello @Tom1,

Unfortunately I cannot speak to any remote possible or imaginable source outside of the Bible that may speak on the topics you mention. You seem to say that others have said this. Can you provide any evidence that is being used by the others to make these claims? Otherwise, this sounds like an unfounded statement without any evidence so there is little need to trust or believe it.

The Bible is my primary source for understanding Jesus, and I would be concerned if the stories about Him were inconsistent. However, I find that they are consistent, so I do not have any alarm. The Bible does give an example of when people during Jesus’ day claimed that He was working with the devil:

Matthew 12:22-30 NASB
[22] Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. [23] All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” [24] But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.” [25] And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. [26] If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? [27] If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. [28] But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. [29] Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. [30] He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

So the answers I would give are the same as Jesus Himself gave. If He cast out so many demons while working for demons or being a demon, how can the devil be working against himself? It does not make much sense.

Please give this some thought and let me know if you have any clarifying points why someone would say the things your purport that they claim.

I pray for clarity and blessings on your search! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Tom1, what you’ve been asked to do is prove a negative. This is a common trick used to try and back Christians into a corner. Independent of the context, proving a negative is essentially impossible. In this case, PROVING “Jesus is not evil” is a bottomless pit of providing evidence and them replaying with “that’s not good enough,” based not on your response but on their own hangups with Christianity and Jesus.

A solid first response would be to ask those that say this, “what makes you think Jesus is Evil?” Establish the terms and boundaries of their statements (requiring them to support their positive assertion) before you try to respond. Once you have established their actual point, you can respond to those specifically. But trying to prove a negative is going to be a very difficult job, and in most cases is impossible.

Using this approach will also let you center in on what the questioner’s actual problems are with Jesus. As a result, your responses will be more useful for them too.

2 Likes

Hi Tom,
Are people you know presenting you with these statements about Jesus? I would ask them to supply the source or evidence for their beliefs and work from there.

By knowing Jesus we gain insight to what actual goodness and holiness is. One cannot know Jesus and provide evidence for any evil in Him.

The Bible tells us that Jesus created all things visible and invisible (Colossians 1:15-18). He makes it clear that hell exists and it’s a horrible place, often calling it “outside” His dwelling (Matt. 8:11-12, Matt. 13:41-43, Matt. 22:13, Luke 13:25-29, and lots more…) You could say Jesus created hell out of love because in His plan to give people a choice to be in relationship with Him, there also has to be a place where people who reject Him will dwell. To honor their choice, this would be a place where He is not. Hell is hell because He’s not there.
I’m praying for the Lord to give you clarity and wisdom and I’m glad you came here with your questions.
May His Peace Be Yours,
April