A Thankful Testimony

Thank you for the opportunity as well as the platform to share my story and for your listening ears and kind hearts :two_hearts:

My story begins as an ordinary child in a loving , very religious, Christian home. My parents loved and served in a Christian church and school and placed a high priority on us attending every event and service that was held. I knew with all my heart that Jesus loved me and that He had made me. However- I never understood that I HAD to make a decision regarding WHO Jesus was to ME and the significance of His death and sacrifice on the cross. :latin_cross: At the time, He was only head knowledge, but not of My Heart :heart:

Fast forward years later… I was recently married to my wonderful husband and had just graduated as a Registered Nurse. I had spent years trying to fill the empty hole in my heart with anything and everything. I knew in my very being that I had been made to do something passionately and with all my heart and soul- I just couldn’t find what that was. :thinking:

Everything about me on the outside appeared Christian-I knew what to say and when to say it. I just was missing something…

It was during one summer that everything changed for me one day. I remember the very moment like it was yesterday…

Full of worry, fear, and anxiety I felt like I was in over my head. I fell to my knees on the wood floor next to my bed and prayed a prayer that I knew was the first real prayer I had ever truly prayed. :pray:t4: Tears fell from my eyes as I asked for a new beginning in Him, I rose from the floor knowing deep down everything was about to be different- and it was!!! :raised_hands:

After that, everything seemed to pale in comparison to the color of His glory. I knew without a doubt what I was to do going forth- to live every day for Him.

A year or so later I stopped working and went into full time missions doing anything and everything God called me to. He has since then closed some doors while throwing others wide open. :door:In this season of my life I ask that I stay down the path that leads to honoring and glory Him-not straying one step to the left or the right. I pray I never step out of His will and where He wants me to serve and make Him known. I fall everyday more in love with Who He is and All He has done and continues to do in my life. :cherry_blossom::hibiscus:God bless you friends!

7 Likes

I loved this!!!

WOW a personal encounter with our living savior redeeming us in that special moment. When times of testing come as they do. Stop, drop, and remember, that’s what I do because that day your day was a day of transformation, when you knew you would never be the same. No body can take that away Nor any thing. Thank you so much for sharing your story Elizabeth.
A friend in Christ
Mike

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your testimony Elizabeth! A salvation experience is so wonderful and I love hearing about them. I am so happy for you to have finally found the way and to be able to serve Him with all your heart. And it’s great to get to know other members of Connect just a bit better this way! :clap:t3::blush:

2 Likes

I love that, it’s a beautiful way to phrase it. Thank you @eminikel for sharing your journey with us. It is a beautiful way to start my day :heart:

3 Likes

What a beautiful testimony, Elizabeth! Thank you for sharing with us. I’m praying God blesses your ministry as you pursue the path He sets before you each day.

2 Likes