A World That Is Hurting

ravizacharias

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

Hi friends,

This one-minute clip of Ravi sharing about how our compassion and our apologetic go together is incredibly powerful. Check it out:

Two of my favorite quotes:

We can get so seduced into ‘bigness’ in different ways, when there are millions of people who are hurting. The only way to touch a soul of a person is when you understand their hurts.

I’ll tell you: when you and I are reaching out to a world that is hurting and are courageous enough to tell them why we live that way, the world will hear us much more clearly.

Questions for discussion:

1. When have you seen Ravi’s point in your life? When have you cared for someone else and shared the gospel in that moment, and they have been opened up to hear the gospel?
  2. What could it look like for you to intentionally ‘lean in’ to understand someone else’s hurts today?

(Brittany Bowman) #2

To be candid, I’ve been quiet on this one because I can’t think of a time where I deliberately showed service with the intention to start a deliberate, meaningful conversation. It’s quite convicting, as I have often split my witnessing attempts into either service or explanation but not done one with the intention of opening the door for the other. Yet, that’s exactly what Jesus did through His miracles. Please keep posts like these coming, @CarsonWeitnauer. It’s opened my eyes to opportunities today.

(angelina Edmonston) #3

This is a powerful quote/recording. I LOVE IT!!! I would love to put this on my FB.

I went to a ministry in 2004 for help because I was desprate. I was not only saved but delivered and healed.

When I came home I began to just share my testimony with anyone. Then I began a 12 step group bible based without church-ianity. I went anywhere I was asked and had bible studies - even in a bar. One thing I have found is that the salt of the earth people who know they are in sin are transparent and many know there is a GOD. There was no religious trapping in them and they help there own. GOD did MIGHTY things in their lives. People were saved, or recommitted their lives, they were honest about their issues/ faults/sins and repented and many were delivered from demons & healed. One lady had been on heroin for years & she is now a nurse and never returned to the dope. Love covers a multitude of sins.

Later, I met a couple who would go to the downtown cities and feed the homeless and those in ruff life styles. We knew we could be jailed doing it as the cities did not want us to feed these folks. We would go to a parking lot and the people would find us… while eating we shared the gospel and shared testimonies of people who had received Jesus/Yeshua and got off the streets and various life styles. I brought scissors and would cut hair I spoke to ladies whose pimp would tell me how to cut hair as I shared " you do not have to live like this and we have a safe place for you to go", and many came out thank you Jesus/Yeshua. Once I was handed the mic to share my testimony of how Jesus changed my life (what an honor). This was one of the most rewarding ministry, all churches should be a part of it. These people were desperate and ready to hear the LOVE HE has for us all.

:heart_eyes:

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Hi @angelina_Edmonston,

Whoa, what a great testimony! The total dependence on God to transform lives, the boldness to meet people where they are at, the courage to share Christ with them and invite them into his way - you saw the kingdom of God break into people’s lives! Praise God!

Sharing posts from RZIM Connect to Facebook is super easy! Here’s a brief little tutorial:

Basically, just click the link icon beneath the post and hit the Facebook logo!

(angelina Edmonston) #5

HI Carson I tried to share and it did not appear to post {?}

(Tim Ramey) #6

Thanks for the snippet from Ravi. He is right on. As believers, I feel that it is not a question of asking the Lord where I can help, but seemingly where I should not help as to get stretched so thin that we aren’t doing anything. The needs are everywhere but we often do nothing because we don’t know where to start. I say, do something and as you do, you will be led by the Holy Spirit.

Keith green sang many years ago, a song that I began to post here a line from the lyrics but decided to post the whole song because the lyrics are so good. Here are the lyrics from the song, " Asleep In The Light":
Do you see?
Do you see?
All the people sinking down?
Don’t you care?
Don’t you care?
Are you gonna let them drown?

How can you be so numb?!
Not to care if they come
You close your eyes,
And pretend the job is done

“oh, bless me, lord!
Bless me, lord!”