About Heaven

(Matthew Johnathan) #1

Can anyone please help answer my questions?

1. Do we get to retain our memories of our life on earth when we die/rapture and go back to heaven?

2. Can we get to know God more and more when we are in our eternal state and is it our choice to know Him more and more(when in heaven or new earth)?

3. Will we be reunited with loved ones that are saved in heaven/new earth?

2 Likes
(SeanO) #2

@Matthew Here are my thoughts. The Lord Jesus guide you into all truth :slight_smile:

1. It appears the answer is ‘Yes’ since the saints in Heaven in Revelation are asking for justice for the evils done against them in their lives and Jesus still remembered His earthly life after He was resurrected - and we will be like Jesus. But that is not definitive.

2. In John 17:3 Jesus says that eternal life is to ‘know God’ - so certainly if we have eternal life we will know God more - further up and further in! My understanding is that yes, it is our choice, but if we are truly saved we would never cease choosing to love Him because we have been made new - free from sin’s power and penalty and finally, praise the Lord!, it’s presence.

I John 3:2 - Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is .

1. Yes - all of the saints will dwell with Christ in His Kingdom (1 Thess 4:14, Rev 19:6-9, John 14:3) - we will all be with the Lord so therefore we will all be together. In Thessalonians Paul assures the believers that those who have died will also be with Jesus when He returns.

https://connect.rzim.org/t/heaven/300/3

(Matthew Johnathan) #3

@SeanO thank you so much. God bless you.

1 Like