Age of Consent in the Bible

bible-questions
(Luna) #1

I know it doesn’t really say anywhere in the bible. But this is more of a historical question than anything else and I was wondering if anyone can point to me where in history Christians were practising ages of consent to marry. Like maybe how over the years it got older and older. With references too please. lol

Anything would be helpful.

Also while I’m asking I was reading this article about the Numbers 31:18.
I was wondering if anyone knew hebrew and could tell me if what this individual was saying was true about the hebrew word “lacham”. I looked on bible hub and there wasn’t a definition for it in there.

Here is the article.

1 Like
(Jimmy Sellers) #2

This link is to Islamic apologetic site. I could be wrong but the about tab is pretty clear as to their intent,

I not sure that I would use this site as support for the idea of age of consent. Perhaps others in the community might chime in.

After thought, I am going to stick my neck out suggest that the Webster Bible they used is not the same as the Webster on line. (see Link)
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the female children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

One more thing:

(Luna) #3

Oh I wasn’t going to use the site as a reference I just wanted to know if he was being honest about the Hebrew in those verses lol

1 Like