Age of earth

As per biblical, The age of the earth is 6000 years or some billion years? …

Welcome to the community Jerard. You will enjoy your time here as the spirit of discussion is friendly and empathetic. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have you had a chance to look at this thread here yet? It is an interesting discussion with quite a few resources, and a few differing perspectives. One thing for sure, the universe cannot create itself!! God is the uncaused Cause and the Creator.

Praise the lord brother just now i searched the age of earth and i found this conversation. One more thing is there can you clarify that…? How could be a light before the sun? Of course we know God is light but other than that what is there in Genesis god created light?

1 Like

This is a very good question. We can also remember in heaven there will be no sun, as God will be the light (Revelation 22:5, Isaiah 60:19).

1. No Sun In The Future

We must also note that the Bible says there will be light without the sun in the future New Jerusalem.

And there shall be no night there: They shall need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign for ever and ever (Revelation 22:5).

The sun shall no longer be your light by day, nor for brightness the moon shall give light to you; but the Lord will be your everlasting light (Isaiah 60:19).

Since there will be no need for the sun as a light source in the future, it is certainly possible that there was no need for the sun as a light source in the beginning.

it’s also interesting to think about the fact that in Genesis, plants were created on day 3, and the sun was created on day 4. The plants need the sun in order to photosynthesize. Taking a literal 6 day creation approach, the plants would easily survive overnight until the sun was created.

I’m still currently in the Young Earth Creation camp (literal 6 day creation), so my answers will naturally be leaning that direction, but have really enjoyed (and am learning more) about other positions.

I have read John Lennox’s book ‘6 days that divide the world’, which would be more of an old earth creation position. As some balance to my answer; here is an article which contains a video by John Lennox. Lennox is probably my favourite author and thinker.

It was really helpful for me to learn about the 8 different positions which SeanO shared. In this thread you will find the resource, plus more answers about light before the sun.

Hopefully a few helpful resources. What are your thoughts on the matter up until now? Feel free to share where you are at if you would like to… :slight_smile:

2 Likes