Al Christian Galura

Hello :slight_smile:

I am from the Philippines

I am currently self-studying apologetics

Hopefully by asking questions that I think that hasn’t been asked before can be a contribution to how we can defend our faith further, and also try and help to answer some questions if I have an idea on how to answer that question.

7 Likes

@Alchristian_Galura Welcome! I look forward to hearing your questions and answers. I have many questions just beneath the surface of my mind, too. I like to explore things. I hope to dialog with you in the near future.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Alchristian_Galura. Thank you for coming alongside us from the Philippines. I hope you enjoy the forum. This is a good place to explore studying as you have desired. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

@Alchristian_Galura Nice to meet you!

3 Likes

Welcome my friend, as we learn and grow in Christ how to effectively answer the many questions we must find solid answers for those God has brought into way. Thank you for your willingness to do just that. Looking forward to learning with you and from you
Mike

4 Likes

Hi @Alchristian_Galura, great that you’ve joined us! What led you to self educate in apologetics? I look forward to reading your questions and contributions.

3 Likes

Thank you for your warm welcome sir Brendan, I also will be looking forward to your questions and answer, thank you again for the warm welcome :smile:

2 Likes

@Keldon_Scott Thank you for the warm welcome, God Bless you too sir :smile:

1 Like

@joncarp Nice too meet you too and thank you for the warm welcome. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you, sir Mike, for the warm welcome :smile: I agree sir especially in this day and age where truth is really hard to find, not just truth, based by human definition but the truth from God, I also looking forward in learning with you and from you sir :smile:

1 Like

Thank you @artownsend for the warm welcome, as for the question on what led me to self-study apologetics. One of the many reasons is when my atheist friend ask that if the Christian faith were proven to be a lie, would I still believe it? I said yes, although I know that God is true because I learned that the universe is finely tuned but I still don’t know if that is enough evidence to prove that Christianity is true, not just subjective truth but actual evidence based on science and history and on actual historical documents and after that, even if I proved that God is true, there’s still the issue of God’s character. Questions like if God is loving why there are still suffering on earth and why there is hell if God is all-knowing why He didn’t stop Adam and Eve, and so on. Then while browsing youtube I saw one of Dr. Zacharias’ videos entitled Answering the Biggest Objection to Christianity, and that all started it. I wanted to enroll in the online course but I don’t have enough money yet. So I decided to study first on my own while saving money. Also, the reason why I wanted to study apologetics, I want to make films that have God’s message on it. Films that even atheists can watch because it’s not an “in your face” Christian film that attacks other beliefs but rather encourages deep thinking on what they are believing right now. And lastly to follow the way God wants me to live, not based on human definition of what Christianity is, but God’s definition of what true Christianity really is, besides what’s the point of knowing all this knowledge if they can’t see Christ in my life. Again thank you for the warm welcome :smile:

2 Likes

@Alchristian_Galura, your desire to know and understand more so that you can communicate this through films is incredible. I also faced questions that I couldn’t answer that drove me to study apologetics. I pray that God gives you wisdom and insight as you know him more deeply.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment, although I cannot say if that is incredible, I am just doing my part just like anyone else it just happens that I want to communicate it through films, then again thank you for saying that :blush:

1 Like