Aliens: God's Plan

aliens

(walter little) #1

I have been asked that on the presumption that Aliens exist, how do they fit into God’s plan?

Thanks Walt in Texas

(SeanO) #2

@wlittle6 Here is an interview with Jeff Zweerink from Reasons to Believe and a link to his book on this topic. He is an astrophysicist and makes some good points. One of the most cogent points he makes is that this is an unanswered question. In Deuteronomy God tells the Israelites something that is very applicable to us - God’s Word is revealed for us to love and obey Him. The Bible does not answer the question of how God would deal with alien life.

Deuteronomy 29:29 - The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

From my perspective, a few possibilities are:

• aliens do not exist (I think this is likely the case)
  • aliens do exist, but are not made in God’s image (in which case they do not need salvation)
  • aliens do exist and are made in God’s image and are not fallen (read C. S. Lewis’ book ‘Out of the Silent Planet’ where he portrays aliens on Mars who never experienced original sin)
  • aliens do exist and are in God’s image and have fallen, in which case we can trust God will provide a way of salvation

“As I investigated the truth claims of Christianity, I realized that the existence of life of any sort beyond the confines of Earth is a great theological question—without a definitive answer. At this time, I am convinced that any hypothetical discovery of life in the universe will still point to God’s creative work and ultimately help us understand God’s revelation better.”

Hope that his helpful. The Lord grant you peace on this topic.

God and aliens