Alisha Sheppard

Hello RZIM Fam :smiley:

My name is Alisha Sheppard and I am from the small twin island state located in Caribbean called Antigua & Barbuda.

I joined Connect to stay in touch with other believers in Jesus and to gain knowledge and resources to better help me in my faith walk and to help edify my local church.

I was led to Connect after completing the core module for RZIM Academy in efforts to build relationships with others of the same passion and desires.

I hope to contribute my experience in whatever way may be valuable and helpful to others and to also add encouragement to my fellow brothers and sisters.

This promises to be a fulfilling journey and cant wait to begin meeting all of you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hi @A.Sheppard268,

Welcome! Can we all come visit you?? It’d be great to spend some time in Antigua and Barbuda. :partying_face:

In lieu of that, I do hope we’ll have a fantastic time in conversation with one another in Connect! This is a great continuation of your Academy experience with lots of questions and opportunities for prayer, research, Bible study, and learning to answer not just the question but the questioner. I hope you’ll jump right in and feel at home! :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

Hello Alisha, welcome to the RZIM family. Congratulations on completing the Core Module. I took it last year and it was a great experience for me. What did you like about it?
I’m pretty sure that you will feel comfortable here. From my own experience I would say that Connect can meet your expectations. In the forums you will find many resources that can help you and your church and you can meet people from all over the world. See you soon!

2 Likes

Hi Alisha. Welcome to connect. Good to have you here.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @A.Sheppard268. I wanna go to the Caribbean! There I go coveting again. So glad that you have joined and congratulations on completing the core module. I trust that you will enjoy this forum. You will be blessed the more that you participate. I think that you will be able to learn a great deal as well. You do have the benefit of the core module fundamentals which not everybody has. You will bless them with you engagement. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

LOL Sure you can :grin: We can explore the 365 different beaches :desert_island:

I’m ready to start :blush:

2 Likes

I extremely loved the family unit that was created. While going through the courses I was coming to realization of how horrible my nature truly is and some of my past mistakes were becoming a bit overwhelming emotionally. I posted about it and met a brother online from the academy named Ian. He and his wife prayed with me and offered a lot of encouragement and support. He regularly checked in and offered bible reading. It really helped in that trying week and I felt loved from the community. I also loved the intellectual challenges and how I was being stretched way beyond my comfort zone . Now my conversations and approach to speading the gospel has changed

3 Likes

Excellent, I look forward to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see you on here Alisha.

It was wonderful to read of the support you received from Ian and his wife. It really is a family.

God bless,

Art🙂

2 Likes

It’s great to hear that you have experienced so much support and encouragement during the Core Module. This is unique to God’s worldwide family and it is a great privilege to be a part of it.

I felt the same way. I think it is sometimes helpful to accept the challenge and leave your comfort zone. Looking back, you can see what all the good has come of it :+1:

3 Likes

You are welcome Alisha @A.Sheppard268
We are glad to have you join us from the Caribbean. Am happy to meet you and I thank God for your life.
Grace

3 Likes