Alison Townsend

Hi everyone,
I’m in England, and did the RZIM Core Module at the start of this year. It fired me up for growing deeper in apologetics and understanding my faith much more which is why I’m joining in with Connect. I’m a home educator, to three little kids and a wife to a great husband. Outside of my role at home, I sometimes preach at church or lead worship on a Sunday and am waiting on God for what he is growing in my heart for the future.
I’m looking forward to seeing conversations develop here and contribute where I can offer something to others.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @artownsend. So glad to have another Academy alumnus with us. I hope the time you spend here will be blessed. Are you planning on taking any of the electives? Is apologetics one of the classes you get to teach in your home schooling? God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

Hi Kelvin, thanks. I’ve signed up for the Bible Elective in August which I’m looking forward to. My kids are 6,3 and 1 so pretty young still, but I’m always on the look out for age appropriate material and discussions to get them thinking about their faith. One of my reasons for home educating is so that I can teach them about God and grow their faiths in a way that will prepare them for sharing with others as they grow. I’m sure everything I learn here will filter down somehow!

4 Likes

Hi Alison! @artownsend

Welcome to Connect :relaxed:

The Bible Elective sounds awesome…I’m sure you’re looking forward to it!

I also homeschool our 3 kids. I have an 11, 9, and almost 7 year old. We’ve started doing some apologetics this year with the kids- Currently reading Case for Christ, Kids - by Lee Strobel. In the fall, we will be using an 8 volume series made by Master Books…it looks pretty neat, and super kid friendly!

So glad you’ve joined us here.
I hope you enjoy all of the great topics being discussed :relaxed:

3 Likes

Welcome, @artownsend! We’re glad you’ve joined us here on Connect! Are you ‘proper’ British or are you an expat like me? I’ve been on this wonderful island going on 4 years now, and I will definitely die a small emotional death when I have to return to the US. But for now, I’m trying to take advantage of it all! :grin:

3 Likes

Hi Kathleen,
I’m born and bred here in the proper British countryside with my British cup of tea :grinning:. What has brought you over here the last few years?

4 Likes

Hi Heidi,

Thats so great to hear! I’ve got the Lee Strobel book on my Amazon wish list…just waiting for my daughter to be old enough for it! It’s encouraging to hear how you’re incorporating apologetics into your homeschool curriculum!

3 Likes

Bible Elective is so so good. :slight_smile: Please let us know how you like the course. And, here is praying that your children receive that filtered knowledge – training them up in the way they should go is such a blessed task. Best to you! Kel.

2 Likes

Keldon, apologies, I’ve just seen predictive text altered the spelling your name in my reply!

2 Likes

Nice! So good to have more Brits on here. :tea: (That’s supposed to be a cup of tea, but… :thinking: ) I myself came over initially to study. Then I stayed on 2 years to work with a local church plant, and now I am back as a student, doing Theology and Counselling at the London School of Theology. It’s challenging stuff for sure! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hi Alice,

Great to see more Christian Brits. I have always thought that European Christian is a diminishing/dying breed. Glad to see God is well represented by such zealous soul like you.

Hope to learn from you, blessings in Christ.
Roy Sujanto

5 Likes

Hi Alison!

We were in the Core module together and I am looking forward to conversing with you more through Connect!

Grace and peace,
mb

3 Likes

Hi Mary Beth,
Great to be linked in with you again! Looking forward to more great discussions :grinning:.

2 Likes