Amy Walker

Hello everyone. My name is Amy Walker. I’m a stay at home mom to two children and am so thankful for RZIM and this platform.

I am from Virginia, although growing up we moved around the country a decent amount for my dad’s education and job. My parents had my brother and I listening to the RZIM team from the time I was 10, and although at the time I thought it was definitely dry adult stuff, the older I got the more I both saw the relevance and was thankful for the early exposure to such solid Christian thinking and apologetics.

I first head about Connect on an Ask Away episode, which I love by the way, and thought it was a neat idea. Honestly, though, what drove me to sign up was a mentoring friendship with a young lady that has grown and stretched me tremendously. There’s a particular question I wanted to put to this community in regards to that relationship.

Being a mother of two young children I don’t have a lot of leisure time to sit and read/comment. I do hope, however, to both encourage as well as be encouraged as I am able to engage.

7 Likes

Welcome Amy from your West Virginia neighbor. We will all grow and gain whether little or much. Look forward to your questions.
God bless
Mike

3 Likes

Nice to meet you Amy!

2 Likes

Welcome @Amy_Walker!! So wonderful to meet you! :bouquet:

2 Likes

As a mother of two children Amy, you have tremendous amount to contribute. Welcome Amy. My heart goes out to you.

3 Likes

Welcome Amy from a fellow mother/housewife who loves to learn and grow! It’s great to have you here and your willingness to encourage others will be very much appreciated. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll be able to sneak in some time to read a little and share some thoughts. :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome @Amy_Walker. What a great introduction! I look forward to your question and for the times you are free to offer your insight. @Keldon_Scott once said to me “do what you can, not what you can’t.” Simple, sound advice for someone who tries to do everything.
Two young children can definitely keep you busy.

Take care and have a beautiful Merry Christmas with your family :heart: :latin_cross: :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Amy_Walker. So glad you have joined connect. Just engage as you have time. So blessed to have someone like you who can come along other time stretched members here with children and offer encouragement if nothing else from time to time. I love Ask Away too. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Amy_Walker! So glad you are here! Encouragement is always welcome!!

2 Likes

Hi Amy!

A very BIG welcome to you!

2 Likes