An Ordinary Life

You could say I was an ordinary textbook case. I came to Christ at 9 years old in my Sunday school class. I grew up learning the contents of the Bible, which was very important. But I never understood the application. I could tell you the who and the where and what happened in the Bible, but I never knew what I was supposed to do with it.

As I went off to university, I ignored God. I just found Him inconvenient as I tried to adjust to adulting and university life. I was quickly married and finished my degree and had my first baby. She was born very ill and was quickly whisked 75 miles away to a children’s hospital. This is where God grabbed me and held me. He reminded me of my need for Him and His Presence in my daily life. He restored my daughter to complete health, praise Him! 27 years later I still call her my miracle baby. She has 2 amazing brothers also.

He then stepped in and gave me an opportunity to commune with Him more fully in His Word through Bible Study Fellowship. This completely changed the way I look at scripture and my reliance on His Word has grown year by year ever since. The applications of the Bible never end, and meet us hour by hour! God also used BSF to draw my husband to Himself.

In consequent years I have been a willing participant for carrying the suitcase of Bibles into a hostile country (what a day!) And I’ve witnessed to my anesthesiologist before surgery in a different foreign country after breaking my ankle in three places on a mission trip. Now I have the privilege of receiving His assignments for my neighbors and being His ambassador at the local market days.

I believe this is the ordinary life of a child of God. Not because it’s common, but because we should expect it to be eventful, rich and abundant no matter where we are or who we are.

I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:9-10

9 Likes

Hello April
I’m very impressed that you have the boldness to share the gospel. I still can’t quite articulate appropriate replies on-the-spot. I only think up appropriate responses after the conversation and then I get a bit disheartened.
Very happy to hear about your miracle baby :grinning:
That’s a beautiful testimony.
God bless
Catherine

5 Likes

Thank you, Catherine. It’s the Holy Spirit doing the replying! He’s always there when I call on Him!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with us @BloomHere, it was inspiring to read. I am thankful that your daughter’s health was restored and she is still with you! I have read many of your responses and have been blessed by your insight. The suitcase full of Bibles, what a day indeed! Thank you again for sharing :pray:

1 Like

Praise the Lord for His marvelous works. Beautiful testimony of Gods word not returning void. His seed was planted as a child and came to full bloom with wonderful display of His power made manifest in your daughter and you. God has used you though opposition was there to not submit to His will. Remarkable journey of faith and trust.

Mike

1 Like

@BloomHere, thanks so much for sharing your story! It’s so sweet to see how the Lord calls us to himself and gives us a heart to share the Gospel with other people.

I really how you talk about the Bible:

What a blessing it is to discover that the Bible is truly the Living Word.

2 Likes

Thank you, Olivia! God gives each of us our own story, but it’s all rich and beautiful!

2 Likes

No life is ever completely ‘ordinary’, @BloomHere. :wink: It was so good to read a bit of your story! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us. :smile:

3 Likes

Hello @BloomHere! I deeply enjoyed reading your testimony and how God has intertwined His handiwork throughout your story. How great is our God! :raised_hands:
Praying for you and so excited to see and hear how He continues to use and bless you in powerful ways. Praying for you friend!

2 Likes

Thank you, Elizabeth! I am so grateful for your prayers and sisterhood!

2 Likes