An Update on Ravi Zacharias’s Cancer

Hi friends,

RZIM’s CEO, Sarah Davis, shared this update on Ravi’s cancer today.

Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for my dad and for my family in recent months as he has undergone back surgery and treatment for cancer. Truly, words fail to convey the depths of our gratitude for your many expressions of love.

We have just learned that while the tumor in my dad’s sacrum has been responding to the chemotherapy, the area where the cancer metastasized has actually worsened. His oncologist informed us that this cancer is very rare in its aggression and that no options for further treatment remain. Medically speaking, they have done all they are able.

Ravi, Margie, and Naomi are returning from Houston and will remain at home in Atlanta, where our family can be together for whatever time the Lord gives us.

The full update is available here:

Please join us in prayer for Ravi, Margie, and their family.

15 Likes

Oh Lord. Be with Ravi, comfort his family Lord, do what only you can do, and bring them peace. In Jesus Name. Amen.

6 Likes

Carson, thank you for the update on Ravi. My prayer is that a peace and assurance prevails and that all is in Gods perfect hands.
Mik

4 Likes

May the God of all comfort grant Ravi, the family, and you all His comfort and peace now and in the days and weeks ahead. We will miss him, but our great hope of a joyous reunion is not deterred. A blessing on you.
Bill Spencer, June 2018 EAP

7 Likes

Praying for Ravi and the entire family. May the Lord magnify His glory through it all.
Prayers going up from Kampala.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update Carson! I pray that God fills both Ravi and his family with comfort and peace through this difficult time.

3 Likes

Praying for Ravi and the family. I pray for you and the peace of God be with each of you.

2 Likes

“Jesus wept” but then there was the resurrection of the dead. I am so excited for you dear father Ravi, the role model for all of us, for being so close to being next to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I cant wait to join you one day when the Lord wills. I hope all of us could say we have lived like you have. This is not a time to weep even though the devil wants to make it look like it is. We are not of this world, we all have to go home. It’s an honor to have lived in your era Ravi. I would say God Bless, but you are more than blessed.

See you soon.

8 Likes

Thank you for your update brother. Will continue to pray for Ravi and his family. The shalom of our Heavenly Father continue to be upon them.

2 Likes

Prayers for the Zacharius family. Death was never God’s intention but we know it is not the end. We are ever so thankful for the ministry Ravi began and know it will continue to flourish as faithful stewards continue the good work. God bless his family.

3 Likes

He is serving a miraculous God and so are we. We will see a miracle, even if a miracle doesn’t come up, we are still be safe in his hands…God be with you Ravi’s Family. Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Copy pasting my post from Facebook early today

Sir Ravi Zacharias My Eyes are filled with tears as I complete reading this blog. I am one among your many spiritual sons from the same Deep South. You changed my life completely and I owe you big, seriously big time. If it was not from you I would have never stepped in apologetics and taken by path in defending christ.

You gave me a new purpose to my life your books are still my go to guide and RZIM my foundation to my knowledge. I have nothing but love for you and your family. I want to thank you so much for changing my life and the purpose. The only regret I have in my life was that I never got you introduced to me early in my life. I wish I can go back in time and follow your paths and grow under your wisdom which would have much more better. You bought a new dimension in my life that I will never be able to explain. I have nothing but gratitude :pray:t2: to you sir. We love you dearly. Our prayers are always with you. And yet praying for a miracle.

7 Likes

I would click “like” but I don’t “like” it. I read this via e-mail yesterday evening and my heart just sank. Much like it did upon hearing about Nabeel Qureshi. Such important figures in this world that “carry” God in a way that woos you in with profound awe. My heart breaks for Ravi, his wife Margie, children, grandchildren and friends.
I am so sad :disappointed: Forgive my “humanness Lord.” I just feel the world will hold a little less light without Ravi. So I pray, selfishly, a while longer Lord, please! :pray:t3: Nevertheless, we trust in You Lord. Hold this family tight in Your loving arms. :broken_heart:

11 Likes

Prayers for Ravi and his whole family. I am very grateful to have been introduced to his teachings.

2 Likes

We are all heartbroken and know that we will all need each other to lean on in the coming days and weeks. Ravi has been faithful. The world will greatly need the legacy he is leaving behind. RZIM has the greatest apologists of our day in this ministry. The world in its current state desperately needs this ministry to help people see the love God has lavished on this world through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ! The fruit of this ministry needs to continue to grow and harvest the lost. This ministry is just starting. Jesus be glorified!
2 Corinthians 1:3-7 NIV
[3] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, [4] who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. [5] For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. [6] If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. [7] And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

1 Like

His impact and legacy astound me. Many have been directed to the Jesus he clings to because of his commitment to exemplify the Savior.
Praying the God of all comfort and peace wrap His loving arms around him and his family.

2 Likes

I think we all know that God is sovereign. As humans I have to admit that the idea to lose Ravi is devastating. I´ve learned so much from him during the last year and I was hopping to meet him some day. Let´s pray to the lord, If it´s his will, he can heal Ravi. If not, he is still a merciful God.

2 Likes

To Ravi and his family, and to all of us as family together in Jesus Christ our Savior,

I was just reading through 2 Corinthians and I thought that I would share this, from Chapter 5,
“For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, if indeed by putting it on we may not be found unclothed. For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.

To Ravi, I have never met you, but since I was a young boy I have known your voice. When I had fallen very far away, God used your voice to break through to me and draw me back to Him. You have blessed many people on this earth to the glory of our amazing God. Your work and your life are a testament to the great God we serve, and I hope that you know that even though you have never met many of us personally, you and your family are our family. Through Christ we are all family and I just want to say that I praise God for His glorious work. I know that whether He lets you be with us a bit longer, or whether He calls you home, all is to His glory. May His will be done, and may His kingdom come. Glory and praise to Him, and may He comfort your family in this time, and give you comfort in this illness.

God bless you and your family, and thank you for all you have done to help us seek Him who saved us. Glory be to God in all things. Our prayers are with you and your family. Be at peace brother, we all love you. His will be done.

Matthew

3 Likes

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me , and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

God is true to His words. God revealed Himself to me as He planted the desire in my heart to search for Him. I started listening to KARI AM radio in 2011. Ravi’s powerful messages in defense of Christianity helped shape my resolve to give my life in full time service to God and leave for the mission field this 2020. I recently turned 50 and definitely not in my prime anymore. But there is no turning back for me and wife, and by His grace, we intend to bring forth fruit even in old age and until our homecoming. Ravi, God used you very powerfully in shaping my Christian life, though you may not know it. I can only think of the song “Faces” by Greater Vision when we see each other in glory.

1 Like

Dear Ravi and family

My name is Georgia Thear-Graham. I am 24 and I was saved at the age of 20. I’ve recently qualified as a solicitor and I regularly listen to your teachings and read your books.

My prayers are with you all as Ravi faces the pain of cancer. We know our God is healer and if he so wills he could heal Ravi in an instant. Yet we know He is also God of the chronos and the cairos. We know He is completely in control and that He ultimately chooses each and every breath we breathe.

Ravi, your books “The Logic of God” and “Why Suffering” have blessed my life and opened my mind to better understand our Father in many ways. Your teachings have equipped me in defending this great faith in a way that I never could articulate before. All your teachings have been a blessing to the Kingdom of God. I and so many others have been blessed by your incredible ministry. Thank you from us all and personally I want to thank you for equipping me. You’ve bought glory to our Lord.

I pray for all of your peace in this time and that the Lord remain closely with you all. Thank you Ravi.

God bless,

Georgia

1 Like