And these signs will accompany them who

"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” - Mark 16:17‭-‬18 NASB

Yeshua, Jesus, the LORD God of our Salvation, tells us we will have gifts described here. 1 Corinthians 12 details the gifts. When we accept Jesus into our hearts and ask Him to forgive our sins, we are a cleansed temple, and the Holy Spirit is in our hearts.

Believers also experience the Baptism of the Spirit when they are saved, and when the disciples laid hands on them. In Acts on Pentecost the room was filled with a fresh anointing of power by the Holy Spirit. They were praying in different unknown Heavenly languages.

As believers we can ask God for His Gifts. — But why aren’t we? There seems to be an assumption that at rebirth, you got all the Holy Spirit you need. Others have said, if God wanted to give me a gift, he would already have. I asked the LORD for prayer language. He did when I was praising him alone one day. He is a generous LORD God. Why aren’t we seeking God for these gifts?

3 Likes

Hi @Mkibos :blush:
Firstly may I make it absolutely clear I am no scholar Or educated in any way.
Secondly your question is one that ate at me for many years.

If I may direct you to 2 Peter 1:3-11 these few verses state firstly we are already fully equipped by grace. Secondly it’s about coming to maturity in our faith 5-7. 8-11 reveals the purpose, to reflect the character of Christ so that we may lead others to Him.

So to try answer your question as best I can, I do believe it is because our spiritual maturity is lacking, for whatever reason, we have not diligently pursued growth and maturity and therefore lack the fruit thereof.

I’d like to leave a few verses with you that have touched my heart.
I’ll call this “to what end?” (my brain/personality has to have a goal.)
Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom -
Matthew 6:33 Seek ye first…
Matthew 22:1-14 this combines the idea I’m trying to convey.
Romans 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, **but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit **

I pray you find that peace and joy and that you shall be among the first to cast out demons and heal the sick, bless your heart and longing to do works of God for His glory and the expansion of His kingdom!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. God has healed me numerous times. Saved me from drowning waters, high molesters, eating disorders, and crushed bones.

Jesus is the author and finisher of our Faith. Every knee will bow. We serve a Living King.

Now is the time for use of His gifts. I have prayed over people and God has healed them. He has healed me. I have prayed to stop a raging person filled with wrath and anger against me. They then sit quietly. God binds. On the train when eyed by gangs with my daughter. They were getting closer. I started to pray outloud and then in the Spirit. They all of the sudden are quiet and get off the train. Passengers are relieved. And more recently, drugged up or possessed homeless get close and personal. I get discernment and pray. God has always helped me. I TRUST in Him the LIVING WORD.

He commands us to put on His Love, the Armor of God, and His Word gives us healing. Peace and strength. He gives us Robes of Righteousness. I believe the Holy Spirit wants to use us now. To be open for praying over people and to just trusting in Him for everything, circumstance, and situation. Paul encourages us to ask the Lord for these gifts.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you. All our needs.

So I get that the LORD is making us more like Him when we surrender everything to Him. Seek His face moment by moment and relinquish everything, circumstance to Him. We are His ambassadors and ministers of reconciliation, soldiers of the Light, doublos paid by His blood.

His ways are higher. His thoughts higher. Jesus told His disciples greater things they will do. The gift of faith can move mountains in our lives. But we can do nothing without Him. John 15.

His power, His Love, and His preordained miracles are a part of this. I live in a city where ‘god’ is between people’s ears, for many, a hidden part of life due to professional persecution, or some.discount God attributing Him as irresponsible and uncaring.

People are lost in a cruel way, when they turn away from Him. They need to see Jesus NOW by our love and life, His gospel of rescue, and His works manifested though obedient Believers.

Thankfully, God uses us.

He gets always all the glory, praise, and honor. He is powerful. We are mere servants of the Reigning King of Kings.

4 Likes

@Mkibos. I really love your reply, I feel the same way about our role as “followers of Jesus”.
Funnily I have a desperate sense of urgency in my spirit, not sure where it is leading but I am being led.

I can see the Spirit ministers to you and I cannot add to that. With all my heart I pray guidance, perseverance and breakthrough for you!
Bless you Mashinkah

3 Likes