Angels and Humanity

(Jason Taylor) #1

Does anyone know of a good video (by any of the RZIM team) that explains the massive error that many have been taught when distinguishing between angels and humanity? Many of my friends have been taught in error that humans can turn into angels and that they are one in the same. I appreciate any help in answering their questions and skepticism.

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

I am not aware of any videos but this is a fantastic resource on the subject. I highly recommend it.

here is a short article that you might find useful. Happy studies.

(SeanO) #3

@jctteacher Who is teaching them that humans can turn into angels? What Scripture passages are they using to justify this teaching?

(Jason Taylor) #4

I’m not sure what Scriptures they are citing, but it’s mainly my Catholic friends i.e., guardian angels, “heaven just got another angel” when people pass away, etc. It’s definitely not Biblical teaching.

(SeanO) #5

@jctteacher I would commend to you one of Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology books - the one in blue is the one that I’ve read. There is a section on man and on angels and the like. I think that you may find some very helpful information contained within these chapters that could help you talk Biblically about these topics with your friends. We used this book in seminary and I think it is a good summary - Grudem has things very neatly organized. I don’t agree with him on everything, but I still find it immensely helpful.

(Timothy Loraditch) #6

Frank Capra taught them that in the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Remember Clarence who was a clockmaker sent down to help George Baily. His success earned him his wings.Every time a bell rings an angel earns their wings!:wink:

It’s a great movie but not a good teacher of scripture.

(SeanO) #7

@tfloraditch haha - yes, a wonderful movie indeed! Popular culture always misses what real Christianity looks like - I sometimes think that without really knowing Jesus the very idea of a genuine faith is difficult to fathom. Anywho, def a fun movie, though not quite helpful in the realm of angelology :smile: