Anjum Kohli

Hello, my name is Anjum Kohli. I understand I can’t write a lot here, so I will keep it short. I grew up in a Sikh family. My testimony is really long. But I’ve been saved by Jesus! I was in my final year of medical school, when I got diagnosed with Wegners Granulomatosis (not a very common disease, but it’s a type of vasculitis). In my time of deep despair, Jesus came and saved my mother and I (it’s just us two) through a lady who lives in our apartment building and invited my mother to church. I eventually finished medical school and now I can’t sit still. I cannot ignore how God has saved someone like me. I know what God has done for me. And I know it’s my calling to serve His people. I started my research and grew stronger with the Lord, I’ve been a big fan of Sir Ravi Zacharias and his teachings have helped me change myself (I’m still a work in progress may I add), and I want to offer my whole being in helping.

God bless you all for everything you are doing.
My prayer is for everyone to see the love of Christ.

Best regards
Anjum Kohli

13 Likes

Welcome to the community, @anjumkohli! What a beautiful story you have just (briefly!) told. If you want to tell the larger story, you can share it on our #christian-growth:member-testimonies category. It’d be wonderful to hear. :slight_smile: We pray that this community can be one that strengthens and encourages you (and vice versa) as we journey along together with our great God.

Blessings to you!

7 Likes

So glad to meet you on Connect, @anjumkohli - I look forward to great conversations with you!

2 Likes

Hi @anjumkohli! Welcome to Connect! I was blessed reading your testimony. God is indeed faithful! Blessed with your heart to help as well. Love the fact that you can’t sit still and would want to grow more in your relationship with Jesus and help others know Jesus as well. May the Lord bless you even more😊

5 Likes

God bless you!! I will most definitely be typing out a lengthy testimony hehe. Warning!!
Thank you for all the kindness and encouragement!! Together a family in Christ!
Glory to Jesus, the Most Faithful and Most High!

5 Likes

Awww thank you for the encouragement!! And the wonderful welcome!!
God bless you!! Thank You Jesus for all my brothers and sisters! May I grow with them all, in your name.

4 Likes

Thank you Brother. I look forward to having amazing conversations with you too! I can’t stop smiling. I came on here earlier today, I haven’t even shared the amazing work God has done with me yet. And already I got some great news. I’ve been struggling to an exam for the past 3 years. I just found out I passed it! And honestly I walked out that exam thinking I did worse than I ever did on any of the other retakes I’ve been taking for years. I’m pretty sure that was Jesus! I firmly believe God works when you work with Him. I had to give up some ways of life I was living. And I’m just shocked. When I turned to an obedient child of God, thats when results started to show. And this is external results. The results inside me. My heart is changed. I could go on and on. Jesus I love you so much! Thank You for guiding me here, I pray I grow as a family amongst all my brothers and sisters. God bless you :slight_smile: I look forward to talking to you more !!

5 Likes

Congratulations on passing your exam! And yes, you are right - if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away: behold, all things are become new - II Corinthians 5:17!

4 Likes

Amen! Praise Our Lord and Saviour!!

Thank you for your kindness brother. Lots and lots of love x

2 Likes

Hello Anjum - your (brief) testimony gladdens my heart and I cannot wait to hear the whole story! It is amazing how God brings people to him in so many different ways. I grew up in a Christian setting but it took as much of God’s direct hand in my life as it did in yours for me to understand that I needed to make a personal commitment to Jesus.

I am so glad that you are here and that we can learn and worship together.

4 Likes

Hi Anjum, welcome to Connect! Glad to hear of God’s working in your life! (your mum, too!) It’s always wonderful to hear of stories how Jesus saves. I’m glad I found this community.

3 Likes

Hi dear!!!
Awww this is so lovely!! Thank you for your lovely message sister!! Lots of love!

Glory to God. He never will forsake us. It took me a while to understand His love for me. My mum first got saved and I was so hard headed and didn’t understand how one can just leave their religion. Like hello? lol.
I’ve always been stubborn. My way or the high way. And that did not get me anywhere. I loved how Ravi Zacharias said ‘my whole world was crumbling, I wasn’t in a position to dismiss alternatives and He met me in my darkness’. Because that’s exactly what happened to me. He met me at my darkest moment. Where I was read to give up. I want to scream in joy His glory! And mercy upon me. I will definitely be writing a testimony here. It’s so nice to meet you sister. I’m still trying to get a hang of this app. So excited!!

GLORY TO GOD! Our savior!!

God bless you! It’s lovely to meet you. And I’m excited to hear more from you!

Peace be with you my darling XX

1 Like

Hiiii Sue!!!
So lovely to meet you my dear sister in Christ. I’m new here too!! We will get the hang of it! Thank you for your lovely message. I look forward to hearing from you more!
My mums name is Sue too!!
Have a blessed day my dear.
Lots and lots of love
Your sister in Christ
Anjum xx

1 Like

Hello @anjumkohli

Welcome to RZIM Connect!
Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.

Here is a link that might help you get more accustomed to this forum:

Glad to have you here.
Philippians 1:9-11

2 Likes

Bless you Christina. Thank you so much xx

1 Like

@anjumkohli, I am so intrigued by your overflow of joy, I feel myself resonating with your expression of gratitude to the Lord and sheer delight in the goodness of Who He is!

I greatly look forward to reading your testimony and interacting with you through this platform as we continue pursuing Jesus, seeking to grow more in our knowledge of Him and in our relationship with Him, because of His pure love for us.

I am thrilled you have joined us, sister! May God draw us closer to Himself as we learn more about truths unique to the Christian faith. God bless you! xx

3 Likes

Welcome to Connect, Anjum. Hope you will learn through this platform and help others in their journey as well by answering questions. It was exciting and encouraging to hear your testimony and your journey of growth so far - our Lord is real, He is gracious and compassionate. It is always a wonder that he chooses us to know Him. It is my prayer and hope that you grow even stronger in the knowledge of God’s word and prayer and joining a fellowship of believers. As you learn and grow day by day into the likeness of Christ, He will show you how to serve Him in His kingdom work. Looking forward to conversations with you.

4 Likes

Hello Sister Anna
Such a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you for your kindness. It’s so nice to see how lovely everyone is but heart is overwhelmed with awe.
Actually feeling a bit emotional! ‘Emotionally happy’ if that’s a thing. O how God flipped the script! I still remember when I started praying (such a clueless soul I must add), I’d ask for a sane mind. Over and over. Because I couldn’t even understand what my problem was. Thank you dear sister for your lovely message. It’s so encouraging! I look forward to hearing from you more!

God bless you my sister
Lots and lots of love

Your sister
Anjum

3 Likes

Glory to God!!
Wow. Thank you for that lovely encouragement!!
Hello Brother Tony! What a joy it is to meet you! (Hopefully God willing one day in person too!)
It honestly is the most amazing love He showers upon us. Something literally as to say ‘out of this world’. I feel so emotional (in a good way) knowing that He loves a sinner like me. And that He has mercy and kindness for me. I’m so thankful. I can’t do anything without Him now. Hehe. The amount of times I get down on my knees in a day… I need Him! It’s only with Him I can do all things, He gives me strength

Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Thank you so much for your message. It honestly has made my morning. Peace be with you my dear brother. I look forward to hear from you more and grow in Christ with all of my brothers and sisters.

Glory to God
Our saviour
Jesus Christ

:two_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi Anjum,
I’m pretty new to this platform as well, but it’s encouraging to see people here from an assortment of backgrounds and histories. I have a very close friend who is a Sikh, and we enjoy discussing deep conversations on morality and philosophy. My family are Turkish, and originally were nominal muslims, but by God’s grace we were saved. I wish you all the best, and hope this platform helps or inspires you with whatever questions or answers you may have or need.

4 Likes