Anton du Plooy

Hello & Good-day everyone
I was born in South Africa, travelled and worked in Lesotho; Namibia; London, UK; Wales; Malta, Sicily; Brazil and DRC Congo.
I completed personal studies of philosophy and my interests led me to much research in the fields of quantum physics and the study of space-time geometry that makes up the fabric of the universe. Based on my readings and subsequent contemplation of life, it stands to reason that my belief in a God was well-founded. I only lacked a “devine intervention” to confirm my opinion, in order to thus increase my faith.

Only in the past few months, did I “discover” the talks of Ravi Zacharias, who “speaks my language” so to say, and answers the obvious questions still haunting my mind.
I am amazed by not only the wisdom, but the manner in which the information is conveyed over to the audience. I can listen and to this man for days on end!

God has blessed this man, indeed, for people just like me. I wish to use my membership; in conjunction with the friends I make here, to increase my knowledge and grow in faith to ultimately make an impact… and yes, to ensure salvation.

6 Likes

Hello, and welcome to Connect! :slight_smile: It’s great to hear how you have melded your mind and heart in pursuit of God. What a testament to an omniscient God- that he would be both infinitely knowing and loving. We have an area reserved for science discussions- you may enjoy checking out it out!

4 Likes

Wow, what a powerful introduction, welcome @Anton1!

So inspiring, thank you :pray:t3:
I hope to see you engaging in the forums so we can glean from your knowledge. Yes, Ravi has been faithful to the call of evangelizing in Apologetics and we are so blessed to be a part of this community.
Take care :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi
Thank You for the most welcome “welcome” :smile:

2 Likes

Thanking you kindly :smile:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Anton1. I trust you have listened to John Lennox too. We are glad you have come along side us. Your questions are worthy and when you seek you will find. Best to you. God-bless.

2 Likes

Hi Keldon… pls may you advize where i can find the video of John Lennox ? Thank you

3 Likes

Here are three for your review. If you go to YouTube and search John Lennox there are many more, including debates which you may find interesting. Hope this helps. My guess is that your scientific mind and education will resonate with Professor Lennox.

2 Likes