Apologetic books

Hello family, It has been a couple of years since I had an encounter with Ravi’s messages and books. It has enhance my spiritual growth and knowledge. My love for God has deepen, and the desire to save others has increase over the years. Am tasty and hungry to search for more and I pray God should Grant me the grace to know him more. Please incase any one has books on Apologetic and Spiritual books can help me . Thank you

3 Likes

Hello David,

There are many apologetic approaches and books. It may be best to sample several from different points of view. Here are a few (a couple are not strictly apologetics but are important in this domain):

• Lewis, C. S. Mere Christianity. San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 2001.

• Vaus, Will. Mere Theology, A Guide to the Thought of C. S. Lewis. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2004.

• Geisler, Norman L. Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics . Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2000.

• Reed, J. K. S., Christian Apologetics. Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Erdmanns Publishing Company, 1969.

• Mayers, Ronald B. Balanced Apologetics: Using Evidences and Presuppositions in Defense of the Faith., Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Academic, 1996.

• Cardinal Avres Dulles, A History of Apologetics (San Francisco, CA: Ignatius Press, 1999)

• Montgomery, John Warwick, Christian Apologetics, An Anthology of Primary Sources (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012)

• Livermore, Jeremey. Intelligent Design—Scientific Apologetics, The Case for Belief in God from Science. Amazon Digital Services, 2014.

• The Handbook of Apologetics

• The Big Book of Christian Apologetics

• Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview

• Handbook of Catholic Apologetics

• Christian Apologetics (Sweis & Meister)

• Christian Apologetics (Groothuis)

2 Likes

Thank you sir. Please incase you have some please kindly send me on my WhatsApp 0545062350 or email teawdavid@mail.com. or you can link me to a site, I will be very grateful. Thank you

Hi Mr. David,

Mr. Eric has quite the library! ( if I recall correctly from the core module ) His selections for you are nice samples from various styles.

RZIM academy has a vast catalogue of books that you can browse though and read a little about each one to see if it looks like something compatable with where you are and your approach.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

1 Like

Thanks you Sanah

Hello David,
I would suggest two books along with what has already been suggested. The first is “Scripture Scripture” by RC Sproul. I actually just recommended this book as a great hermeneutical book. Hermeneutics is the study of how to interpret the Bible. My opinion is that any good apologetic study will begin with a good hermeneutic. The second book that I would suggest in “Ichthus” by Sinclair Ferguson. This book is a study of the life of Christ. It is an amazing little book that really helped me get to know the person of Jesus Christ. Both books are not overly academic, meaning that you don’t need a Bible degree to understand them.
I pray these books help you as much as they have me.

In Christ,
Jeff

Hi Jeff, I am also looking for some books in apologetics and was searching for the Scripture Scripture by RC Sproul and landed in “Knowing the Scripture” is this the book you are referring.

Hello, my apologies for the typo. Yes, “Knowing Scripture” is the correct title.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I will get those books. God bless you