Apologetics classes

I am considering taking the online classes. I am wondering what to expect as I have not had great success with online classes in the past.

1. Are the modules long?

2. How much reading?

3. Are the videos accessable to watch more than once?

4. Is there anything that will be sent to my home to help with success?

5. What are the tests like?

6. Is the site easy to navagate?

Honestly, I am also looking into another program. Im trying to get the best understanding about which one will be best for me. Im not very brainy but I am intelligent. I have a harder time storing information in this season of life so I ask God to write truth on the tablet of my heart and bring it to my mind. I simply want to learn how to better share the gospel with others and defend my faith in a way that draws people in rather than puts them off. Although the gospel is good news, the first part of it is offensive on its own so I need not be offensive in my delivery or the people wont even stick around for the good news part! So, if you have done this program, please share with me your honest thoughts.

4 Likes

Hey Shari @Shari, how are you. So glad you are interested in taking classes. I am currently in the core module. It is 12 weeks. They say it should not take more than 2 hours per week to do the bare minimum but you can spend more time in the class forum discussing and sharing ideas to increase the depth of your knowledge. Each week has about 2 videos (30 min each) and 1 assignment or a short quiz (simple straight from the lectures, you can retake them multiple times). Assignments could be interviewing someone or writing simple reflections. Definitely doable and I am loving it. You can see the videos as many times as you want. I am not sure what happens when the course is over though. The site is very easy to use.

I dont know much about other programs so look forward to hearing from others.

I hope this helps. Glad to have talked to you. :hugs:
God Bless.

4 Likes

Thank you Dan! It is very helpful! :slightly_smiling_face: @Danageze

1 Like

Hello @Shari Thank you for inquiring about the online classes.

I took the Core Module class last spring. To be honest, I was a little anxious because I have not been in school for a long time and navigating computer challenges does not come easy for me.

You will get 1-2 online lectures a week and these last approximately 30-40 minutes each. Lecture notes are sent via email and can be printed out to help you follow along with the lecture. You can watch the videos as many times as you like. Upon completion of all requirements you will be given a certificate with your name on it from RZIM Academy. As far as anything being sent to your home to aid in success, there is something better. You have access to a class instructor/moderator who knows exactly what they are doing and how to answer your questions that come up. You can also email other students in the class for their opinions and advice. The test are fill in the blank, multiple choice and T/F. The test are not long. If you don’t do so hot you can take it again. The site is easy to navigate and your instructor will help you if need be.

Am I glad I took the class? Absolutely. I am still using the principles and information from the Core Module lectures in my relationships with friends and neighbors. Trust me when I tell you it’s more than just learning from a class lecture, it is learning with the heart as well. The set up is such that you will be challenged to use your brain and grow spiritually in your confidence in God. Worth the money? Most definitely. You are getting lectures from top minds in their field for pennies on the dollar compared to a state university costs.

If you have more questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

Mary Beth

3 Likes

Thank you, MaryBeth! You addressed some of my concerns! How much is the cost? Do you remember?

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t. This link might help answer that question.

https://www.rzim.org/training/rzim-academy/about-academy

Just to let you know, the Core Module must be taken first to lay the basic and important foundation for all other subsequent courses. After that, you can choose which ones you want to take next.

I would love to hear from you if you decide to sign up and how it is going once you get started. May the Lord equip and enable you to do what He has called you to do. :slightly_smiling_face:

Grace and peace,
Mary Beth

2 Likes

Thanks so much Mary Beth! I most definitely will!!!

1 Like

Hi @Shari,

We’re glad to hear that you’re interested in taking courses through the RZIM Academy. The first course offered is the Core Module, which acts as a prerequisite for taking any of the other elective courses.

The Core Module is 12 weeks long, and the electives are all eight to ten weeks. There is not a lot of required reading for the course. There are generally a couple video lectures to watch each week as well as open note quizzes and several assignments sprinkled throughout the course. As Dan mentioned, the expectation is that the course will require 2-3 hours of time each week or potentially more depending on how much you choose to invest in the online forums and other resources. Everything you need for the course will be accessible online; you will not need to purchase any additional materials or have anything sent to your home. You can watch the videos as many times as you like, and students will be able to access them as alumni here on RZIM Connect after finishing the course as well.

You will be able to read more about the RZIM Academy and the available courses at the RZIM Academy FAQ page on our website. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

2 Likes

Thank you Brandon! Another very helpful post!!!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Scholarships or Work Study programs

@Brandon_Jeffers, I put in for a scholarship. I am not sure I did it right though.

Hi @Shari,

I would recommend sending an email directly to info@rzimacademy.org if you have any doubts that the application was successfully submitted or to check on the status of your scholarship application, and we can check on that for you.

1 Like