Apologetics for grade school children

(Carol Lou) #1

Our culture tends to make belief in God as a step into intellectual suicide. And so many of our children are walking away from the faith in high school and college. I was wondering if there is an approach that would present apologetics for the younger children so they are better prepared to face the challenges of our culture.
Thanks for considering my question.

(Bryan McCoy Forman) #2

@clou this is a great list of books for teaching kids apologetics.
http://truthbomb.blogspot.com/2018/01/apologetics-books-for-elementary-age.html

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @clou,

With respect, I’ve moved your post to the #daily-evangelism Category that other members might feel the freedom to share their insights and wisdom with you. The #ask-rzim Category is dedicated to asking questions of our speaking team on the weeks they have made themselves available.

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

I would recommend:

The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Cold Case Christianity for Kids by J Warner Wallace

Keeping Your Kids on God’s Side: 40 Conversations to Help Them Build a Lasting Faith by Natasha Crain:

The Case for Christ for Kids by Lee Strobel

On Guard for Students: A Thinker’s Guide to the Christian Faith by William Lane Craig

and his What Is God Like? series: https://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B010SF0VEQ/ref=dp_st_1480037621

The Ology: Ancient Truths, Ever New by Marty Machowski

Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science by Louie Giglio

Introduction: Della Stuart
How to convince a child
(Carol Lou) #5

Thanks so much. I am afraid I am rather computer illiterate and am still
trying to figure out how to understand the connect website. I appreciate
what you are doing very much. Thanks again.

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

You’re doing a great job - the first question you asked was excellent!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #7

Hi @clou. It is indeed good to prepare the youth for what is waiting out for them in the real world. I’m not sure if this link would help, but this playlist is a simplified version of the arguments in I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek.