Are there consequences for unconfessed sins?

I would like to ask this question: The Judgement Seat of Christ is for the believer’s rewards for service and not for sins which have been repented and forgiven. It’s a daily cleansing (1st John 1:9) What if the Rapture occurs with unconfessed sins? Thanks

3 Likes

Covered by the blood. John 10:28-19: I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I hope these verses bless your path. Christ’s gift is eternal. That assurance gives us the abundance of life referenced in John 10:10. I will ride in the air with you if the rapture comes. God bless.

2 Likes

Hi Scott,

I am a firm believer in eternal security but what my question is that as Christians we need to confess our sins (1st John 1:9) and when the Rapture come in the “blink” of an eye, and if we have not confessed those sins up to that moment, what are the consequences? I know the full forgiveness of all (past present and future) sins at Regeneration, but we still need to confess (specifically address) what the Holy Spirit has laid on our conscience. I hope I have clarified my question. Thanks

2 Likes

Hey @dbdavon,

Judgement passages in the book of Revelation came to my mind in relation to your question. I found in RZIM Connect a similar conversation that has some information you may find useful:

There is a difference between what deeds we have committed, versus whether or not we have the grace of our names being writing in the book of life. I hope these details shared in this other thread also helps to answer additional details of your question.

2 Likes

@dbdavon Great question Dave :slight_smile: I think it’s helpful to remember that when we receive Jesus we become children of God—a new Creation in Christ Jesus. From that point on, God’s discipline is for our good and we should even rejoice in His judgments because we are no longer under His wrath but accepted into His family. God does not kick His kids out of the family every time they mess up—no earthly father would, how much less our Heavenly Father? So if we sinned and then suddenly died, we do not need to worry about not making it into Heaven or to fear judgment. Love casts out fear.

Now, we do need to remember that this is not a ticket to sin and not worry about it. Those who love God obey Him and seek to honor Him. So there is no such thing as a Christian who does not try to obey God earnestly, even if they do fall short (as we all do).

2 Likes