As a Follower of Christ what form of Christian that we should be in our social life, be a liberal Christian or a conservative Christian, culturally and personally

As a Follower of Christ what type of Christians that we should be in our social life, be a liberal Christian or a conservative Christian, culturally and personally

3 Likes

Biblically, I would cite 1 Corinthians 9:19-23.

As a man of some years my experience says to avoid being labeled, because circumstances will alter such leanings. Marriage and Fatherhood being such times.

3 Likes

Can I quote a friend to you?
“A true Christian is too conservative for a liberal and too liberal for a conservative”.
No matter what you do, it’s supposed to be radically different from what the world does. Like Paul puts it, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world”. Rather seek to renew your mind through God’s word and follow up with actions that are informed by God’s Will. Don’t let world put a label on you other than the one that God has put on you, His very Image. Hope that helps a bit.

In Christ

7 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what you mean as liberty in cultural or personal situations. If liberty is actually being used as a permission to do whatever you want because you are saved then I believe this is a misguided interpretation of what Liberty in Christ means. Gods word is our guide book.
Be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds…” thus wrote Paul in Romans12:2. Christ has called us to liberty, not to follow laws in order to become worthy of Him.
“…you have been called to liberty, only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh but through love serve one another.” Galatians 5:13. The road is narrow but Jesus says “my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Grace is indeed a very costly thing to the grace giver who is Christ but our burden from following Him is light. The opposite of light is heavy and it is a very ponderous and burdensome thing to follow the world. For a Christian this is unfulfilling, empty and guilt-ridden. We are not at liberty to trample His grace underfoot but His grace does keep us.
Through prayer, contemplation and study of His word He will guide us through each situation of a day. The best to you, David

1 Like

Yeah, that helps, thank you

2 Likes

I was just searching for the answers to the question, Difference between liberal Christianity and conservative Christianity? When it comes to new testament we should be more bounded to a spiritual personal relationship with God rather than just align with the Laws, right?

Yes, I think you’ve got it right. I see what you’re saying now. Jesus didn’t do away with the law. God is still holy. Jesus fulfilled the requirements of the law for us by His virgin birth, His sinless life and His death on the cross and rising from the dead on the third day. Yes, we are liberal Christians in that we can rest in the liberty of His grace. We do not have to measure up to the standard of holiness God requires nor can we. Jesus did this for us. That is indeed GOOD NEWS! Moreover, Luke 19:10 says “For the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost“ you’re right, God wants that personal relationship with us so much so that as John 3:16 says “for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believes in him should not parish but have everlasting life.” I hope this helps you my brother in Christ. David

1 Like

Thank you