Ashish John Benjamin

Say hello…

Where are you from?

What led you to join Connect?

How do you hope to contribute?

Hello

I am from India

Though I am a subscriber of RZIM newsletter. I happened to come across this site while browsing for answers about Jephthah’s daughter and whether he did really make the sacrifice.

I will be a part of the forum discussions and other RZIM activities

6 Likes

Welcome Ashish from USA so good to meet you. Did you find the answer to your question about[quote=“Ashbenz, post:1, topic:27912”]
Jephthah’s daughter and whether he did really make the sacrifice
[/quote]
Blessings on your journey.
Mike

3 Likes

Welcome to Connect Ashish! That question of Jepthah really troubled my husband very much at one time. What a strange and sad story. And what dignity his daughter had. That would be a good question to search for on this forum. I hope you get some understanding of it! We are glad you came across this forum and hope you find time to spend reading some of the conversations and maybe even ask a question or two! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you Mike for the response. Yes the Bible itself expounded the dilemma I was in. Praise God.

1 Like

Thank you Carrie for the welcome note. Yes the question was troubling and got confusing as I was reading a comment of a Pastor that he believed that Jephthah did sacrifice his daughter but as I read the Bible I found:

Judges 11:38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains. 11:39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel, 11:40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

‘she knew no man’ would mean nothing if she was offered as a burnt offering.

‘It was a custom in Israel.’ sacrificing humans was not a custom but consecrating men and women as perpetual dedication and vow of virginity was what the custom was.

God does not accept what he prohibits. His laws could not be bent and accepted by Him. We need to remember that Jesus came to fulfill the law.

But the question was intriguing.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Ashish, it sounds as if you are satisfied with what you have found about this subject. Your mentioning it has made me want to search to see what is said about it on this forum. It is a short story yet important or it wouldn’t have been recorded in the Bible!

You are right in that God does not accept what he prohibits. He is a just God. Praise Him for His goodness. :heart:

2 Likes

@Ashbenz Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Same here Brother Jonathan. God bless you.

1 Like

Hi @Ashbenz, welcome to connect. It’s nice to meet you and I enjoyed reading through the thread here. I look forward to reading more from you as you engage here :slight_smile:
Take care and enjoy browsing :pray:t3:

1 Like

Dear Sister Sieglinde,

It is always a joy to be connected with my Sisters and Brothers in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The joy lies in the fact that one day we all in His kingdom will worship the King of kings and the Lord of lords as His children, irrespective of the nation we are born in.

Prayers and blessings for you.

1 Like

Welcome to Connect @Ashbenz!

Thank you Brother Joshua.
To God alone be all glory.