Ask Alycia Wood (June 4-8, 2018)

Hi friends,

I am so excited that Alycia Wood, an RZIM itinerant based in Alpharetta, GA, is available to answer your apologetics and evangelism questions!

Personally, I always enjoy seeing her at the office and catching up - she is not just a terrific speaker and passionate evangelist, but she is kind, thoughtful, and truly cares for the needs of others. It is an incredible opportunity for us to dialogue with her this week.

Enjoy!
Carson

EDIT: Each Q&A with Alycia Wood is now in its own topic in order to make finding these resources easier.

Alycia Wood’s RZIM biography:

Alycia Wood graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College with a degree in Criminal Justice and from Marygrove College with a Master’s in Social Justice. She also graduated from the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics and spent two years as a Fellow with RZIM in New England. Alycia’s speaking background is quite diverse. From universities (such as MIT, UCONN, Harvard, University of Massachusetts, Boston University, Dartmouth College, and Brown University), to retreats, from conferences to men’s and women’s prisons, Alycia has addressed major issues surrounding faith to diverse audiences.

Additionally, she has traveled to countries such as Haiti, Honduras, the Dominican Republic, and Jamaica, volunteering at soup kitchens and orphanages as her passions for “showing Christ” extends beyond her local environment.

In her spare time, Alycia enjoys music and is a lover of all things football and hockey.

Talk Titles:

God, Pain, and Why?

Why I Am Not An Atheist

If God Exists Why is He Not More Obvious?

Why I Am a Christian

Why Do I Need God?

Can Science and Faith Coexist?

God, Justice, and Love

The Problem of Evil

Where is God in Suffering?

Why Jesus?

Engaging Culture with the gospel (a talk on how to communicate the gospel to friends and family)

Is Christianity Intolerant and Outdated?

God of the Old Testament. Is He for real?

The Uniqueness of Christ

3 Likes

I read an article that Albert Mohler shared on Twitter regarding the Revoice Conference & wanted your opinion on this statement made:
"There is no righteousness in a believer, a truly born-again Christian, identifying as bisexual, gay or homosexual.”

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: How would you address the question “Why is God not more obvious?”

3 posts were split to a new topic: What are tips you could give in making sure we communicate the gospel effectively with our friends, family, or maybe the society where we are situated in general?

3 posts were split to a new topic: How do you prepare for speaking in front of different types of audiences?

3 posts were split to a new topic: How would you answer a question about God’s command to kill false prophets (Deuteronomy 13)?

5 posts were split to a new topic: I feel God is distant, how can I hear from Him again?

I just want to add that @Alycia_Wood travelled to Vizag, India many times and she is exceptionally good with school and college/university students.

1 Like

Hi Alycia. Was watching a frank turek YouTube video where a guy asked about eternal suffering. I wasn’t really convinced on his answer. I have a hard time reconciling how one could be tortured in Hell fire forever. He said something about continuing to sin in Hell but do you have that luxury whiles in pain and how does one in heaven reconcile the fact that your loved one is going to suffer forever.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Alycia thanks for answering all our questions! I have a friend who says he wont believe in the Bible because of the council of Nicea. He believes that since the Bible is written by men and put together by men he wont believe it. He says that since men are corrupt as christians teach we shouldnt believe our own bible. I tried to explain tk him that scripture is God breathed and it was written by men but divinely inspired by God. Is there any other way to present this?