Ask Jacob Cheriyan (August 5-9, 2019)

Hello, friends!

This week, we have the opportunity to ask our questions of @Jacob_Cheriyan, itinerant speaker and trainer with RZIM India, i.e. the RZIM Life Focus Society. After completing his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, he went on to do an MA in Biblical studies. He further pursued an MDiv in theology and apologetics from South Asia Institute of Advanced Christian Studies.

Jacob has interests in topics related to Biblical theology, the intersection of faith and culture, and understanding Eastern worldviews. He has spoken in various university, church, and corporate settings and published many articles for the RZIM Life Focus Society magazine, Engage.

Do take the courage of ‘going first’ with your question - many others likely have the same concern and will benefit from this discussion. It is awesome for us, whether we live in India or another part of the globe, to have this opportunity to interact with a member of the India team!

EDIT: Each Q&A with Jacob Cheriyan is now in its own topic in order to make finding these resources easier.

7 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: What does Scripture mean when it says “weapons of our warfare?” What are these weapons?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Is it appropriate to say that Jesus is our superhero?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Will heaven really be covered with gold and gems? Also, how will we recognize our spouses in heaven?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Should women covered their head in worship? Or, is this an outdated law?

3 posts were split to a new topic: What do we say to someone that claims that no one can know the full truth, we only see in part, and, therefore, all perspectives are valid?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is it wrong for Christians to fear death or how death will come?

4 posts were split to a new topic: What are your recommendations on sharing the gospel in areas with high cultural practices that are not in conformity to God’s word?

2 posts were split to a new topic: My wife is afraid of the idea of living for eternity; how can I help her with this?

3 posts were split to a new topic: How can we best understand the Bible when it was written in a culture so far removed from our own?

2 posts were split to a new topic: What is Christian Gnosticism?

2 posts were split to a new topic: What the supernatural manifestations of God, such as healing, stopped after the time of the Bible?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Could you help me better articulate a Christian response to the Hindu wisdom found in the Bhagavad Gita?

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.