Ask Lisa Fields (April 29-May 3, 2019)

Hello, friends! (@Interested_In_Ask_RZIM, @interested_in_Ask_Away)
I am so excited to announce that this coming week Lisa Fields will be joining us in the hot seat. Lisa is the founder and President of the Jude 3 Project, a Christian apologetics organization based in Jacksonville, FL, which is dedicated to helping the Black Christian community know what they believe and why.

If you haven’t had the chance to listen to her conversation with @Vince_Vitale and @Jo_Vitale on the Ask Away podcast, I highly recommend it!

EDIT: Each Q&A with Lisa Fields is now in its own topic in order to make finding these resources easier.

Lisa’s Bio

Lisa Fields, one of the world’s most sought-after female apologist, combines her passion for biblical literacy with her heart for sharing God’s love to all those she meets. During college at the University of North Florida, she took a New Testament course that shifted the trajectory of her life. As a pastor’s kid, she was familiar with church, the Christian faith, and the importance of reading the Bible. She was also planning a career as a stockbroker in New York City. On the first day of her New Testament class, the professor declared, “I’m going to change everything you thought you knew about Jesus.” Throughout the course, her professor focused on biblical contradictions and textual criticism. In every sense of the matter, Lisa’s faith was challenged – she was forced to rethink what she believed and decide if she would keep believing or abandon her faith.

After college, she continued to wrestle with biblical concepts and her faith while working in the financial services industry. Each day she wrestled with God’s call on her life to further her education to better defend the faith. She pursued her Master of Divinity from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. Her time in seminary propelled her into her calling as an apologist.

Lisa speaks regularly at evangelism, apologetic, and biblical literacy events at various universities and churches across the country as well as co-hosts a secular podcast for young professionals called Brunch Culture.

11 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is Christianity the White Man’s Religion?

2 posts were split to a new topic: What are some strengths you see in today’s church and how can we best build on those strengths?

2 posts were split to a new topic: When it comes to dealing with race and ethnicity in the church, rather than “color-blindness,” would a better picture of treating people in love be that of James 2:1-4?

4 posts were split to a new topic: How can we best help people process through the “apparent contradictions” found in the Bible?

2 posts were split to a new topic: What struggles have you encountered while attempting to connect the head and the heart?

Hi Lisa,

Would you share about your work in biblical literacy? I’m burdened for this need in the church.

What resources would you recommend for building an overall understanding of the Bible? I’m looking for Bible overview materials that are more story based rather than being dry curriculum.

Also, what recommendations to you have for church leaders and teachers who realize that the members of the church don’t know basic Bible stories?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.