Ask Louis Phillips (July 13-17, 2020)

Greetings, @Interested_In_Ask_RZIM fam!
We’re excited that the Q&A forum is back this week with @lou.phillips in the hot seat. :fire:

Lou is a fulltime OCCA fellow based in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended Grove City College and graduated with a bachelor of science degree, double majoring in molecular biology and political science. Lou also received his certificate of theological studies from Oxford University (Wycliffe Hall) and was trained at OCCA, the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA).

He first discovered his love for evangelism and apologetics while briefly working in Washington, DC, as a legislative correspondent for a Senator from Oklahoma. This passion grew further when he traveled across the United States for three years as the main speaker for a teen evangelistic outreach.

Since then, he has played a role in RZIM’s student and young adult initiatives like REBOOT, ReFresh, and university event weeks all throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and the Middle East.

Lou is most interested in topics such as meaning, identity, and purpose as they relate to the Christian worldview, especially in the lives of students and young adults. Additionally, having been raised in a Christian household, he is passionate about equipping and challenging Christians with the truths of their faith. Lou is convinced that it is essential for Christians to find ways to discuss the most controversial issues of today but in a respectful and compassionate manner.

Just reply below with your questions for him! :question: :arrow_down:

7 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How Can I Support a Friend Who is Experiencing Suicidal Thoughts After a Breakup?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Is the Evidence for Evolution Presented in School Textbooks Accurate?

Hi! I am new to this and it’s awesome that I get to hear from Louis and ask questions to Him. :blush:

I’ve been reaching out to some people who I’ve met in my university, I’m not really close with them but I’ve been praying that God would open opportunities for me to share the gospel to them.

I chatted with this person who is part of the LGBT community, she knows that I am a Christian. I asked her what are some of her deepest questions about life. She’s open to responding and even included her girlfriend’s. She and her girlfriend are wondering about these:

• what’s the difference of existing and living?
  • what’s life’s purpose?
  • do we have control over our life or is everything pre-planned?
  • what happens when we die?

I asked her why those questions interest her but she hasn’t responded. What response could you recommend for me? Honestly there is also some fear in me that what if they ask me if their lifestyle is wrong, how should I respond? I’m sorry this has been long, but thank you :blush:

6 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Is Sex the Only Difference Between Friendship and Marriage?

3 posts were split to a new topic: How Can We Best Prepare Our Children for a Future Hostile Academic Environment?

3 posts were split to a new topic: What Are Helpful Tips For Engaging Youth and Starting a Ministry For Youth?

3 posts were split to a new topic: How Can We Understand the Sovereignty of God Knowing He is Outside of Space and Time?

2 posts were split to a new topic: How Does Political Science Intersect With Apologetics?

6 posts were split to a new topic: How Could Adam & Eve Know That Disobeying God by Eating the Fruit Was Wrong, if They Had to Eat the Fruit in Order to Know What Was “Right” or “Wrong” in the First Place?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is Sex the Only Difference Between Friendship and Marriage?

Anna,

Amazing questions. I will be getting back to you soon. But as these questions are difficult I want to make sure I give them the appropriate time to write out and think about.

I will be answering you in the near future. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

Sure thing @lou.phillips!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: When we pray corporately and intensely, can God’s ‘mind’ be changed?