Ask Nathan Rittenhouse (March 5-9, 2018)

nathanrittenhouse

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

Hi friends,

It is our privilege to interact with Nathan Rittenhouse in RZIM Connect! Nathan and I first met nearly five years ago as we both started our journeys on staff with RZIM - he was moving into Boston and I was moving out of Boston. He was there, along with his co-worker Alycia Wood, to start as OCCA Fellows in New England. In the next two years, the two of them spoke over 200 times on numerous campuses, churches, retreats, and so on - offering incredible encouragement and equipping to Christians all across the region.

I absolutely love Nathan’s sense of humor, compressed thought, commitment to the Scriptures, and incredibly insightful approach to tough questions. It doesn’t hurt that we both earned our M.Div. degrees from Gordon Conwell - you just know he’s going to do a great job!

Nathan has just started a podcast with Cameron McAllister called “Thinking Out Loud”, soon to be released by RZIM, which I am very excited about.

EDIT: All Q&A with Nathan has been split into their own topics. You can find them below.

Nathan’s official RZIM Bio:

Nathan Rittenhouse is an Itinerant Speaker with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. He was graduated from Bridgewater College in Virginia with a double major in Physics and Philosophy and Religion, and a minor in Mathematics before attending the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics. He holds an M.Div. from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.

Nathan has interests in topics of science and religion, church history, and systematic theology. He grew up in an active church and Christian family and developed an enthusiasm for Christ that has intensified with his academic studies. As a student, Nathan refreshed his mind by running track and cross-country and continues to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities with his wife and kids.

Nathan spent the last three years traveling and speaking in universities throughout New England, and is currently focusing on the Mid-Atlantic region.

Talk Titles:

What is the relationship between faith and science?

Why are we here? What is the purpose of a person?

An introduction to Christian apologetics

Why trust the Bible?

Spiritual conversations: 12 tips

What does it mean to be human?

What is it like to be a Christian?

Social media: to engage or disengage?

Is there such a thing as absolute morality?

Is Christianity a copycat religion?

Why does the truth matter?

Jesus among sources of hope

Faith and Reason

Metanarratives of conquest and hope (seeing ourselves as part of a bigger story; looks at parallels and differences between Christianity and many of the world’s famous narratives).

(Kay Kalra) #2

2 posts were split to a new topic: What works compare the accuracy of the reconstruction of the Bible with other religious texts?

(Kay Kalra) #3

2 posts were split to a new topic: What are your 12 tips for spiritual conversations?

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #4

Hi Nathan, could you share as well how we could be a good witness in social media? Or how to discern when to engage or disengage or not to engage in a particular discussion?

(Kay Kalra) #6

3 posts were split to a new topic: When do we consider a description an allegory vs something literal?

(Kay Kalra) #7

2 posts were split to a new topic: In Adam, I am condemned ( all men). I have no choice in that. In Jesus, I am justified and have life. I have no choice in that too?

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #8

Thank you for this Nathan. God bless you! :slight_smile:

(Kay Kalra) #10

4 posts were split to a new topic: Are you familiar at all with Barry Setterfield’s work? What is your response to M.Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church?

(Carson Weitnauer) #17

A post was split to a new topic: Using social media for discipleship

(Kay Kalra) #18

2 posts were split to a new topic: Concerning depression, is use of medication ok?

(Kay Kalra) #19

2 posts were split to a new topic: When do we consider a description an allegory vs something literal? c

(Carson Weitnauer) #22