Ask Sam Allberry (December 3-7, 2018)

Hi friends, @Interested_In_Ask_RZIM,

Our moment in history is marked by intense interest, polarization, and discussion around sexuality. In my view, Sam is one of the clearest, most persuasive, and gentlest communicator of the good news Jesus offers - including what the Bible teaches us about sexuality. I believe this is at least in part because Sam comes at these topics - and many others - from the point of view of a pastor.

There are some exciting events on the horizon as well. Sam is the author of the forthcoming book, 7 Myths about Singleness, to be published in February 2019 by Crossway.

We’ll also have the chance to hear from Sam again on February 15th, when he will be speaking at the Zacharias Institute’s live-streamed #TrendingQuestions event, “How Can I Know My Gender?”

Please join me in asking your sincere questions of Sam. I trust this week will help us grow as disciples in the way of Jesus, with a deeper understanding of the Scriptures and a greater wisdom in sharing the gospel with our neighbors.

Carson

EDIT: Each Q&A with Sam Allberry is now in its own topic in order to make finding these resources easier.

Sam Allberry’s bio:

Sam Allberry is a pastor and writer based in Maidenhead, UK, and a global speaker for Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. He is an editor and a writer for The Gospel Coalition and the author of a number of books on Christian belief, including Why Bother With Church?, James For You, and the bestselling Is God Anti-Gay?

Sam studied theology at Wycliffe Hall in Oxford. He worked at St Ebbe’s Church in Oxford where he oversaw the ministry to university students and then at St Mary’s Church in Maidenhead where he has been based since 2008. He is an ordained minister in the Church of England and was recently elected to serve on its governing body, the General Synod.

Sam speaks widely on issues of sexuality and identity and continues to minister as a Bible teacher and pastor. He is currently working on projects concerning singleness and the Christian understanding of the body.

In his spare time Sam enjoys hiking, American history, and slowly perfecting his recipe for Thai green curry.

8 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do you have a meaningful conversation with someone who views Christian views on sexuality intolerant or old fashioned?

2 posts were split to a new topic: What would you say to someone who is thinking about choosing singleness as a way of life?

2 posts were split to a new topic: What would you say to someone who says they can only believe in a God who allows for homosexuality?

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do we know when we must try harder, and when we admit we cannot free ourselves and rest in Christ?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can a person with same sex attraction marry a person of the opposite sex, live as a heterosexual, and be in God’s will?

Hi Sam! In your upcoming book on singleness, do you lean toward the Lutheran/Reformed tradition of singleness being default with marriage and continency being gifts, or toward the Wesleyan tradition of singleness itself as a gift?

Hi sir, I’m not a professional or anything. I just want to know if you could shed some light on my questions, Is evil/sinful nature apart of our free will and if so why didn’t God just remove that evil/sinful nature that is sort of us?

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.