Ask Sam Allberry (March 16-20, 2020)

Hello!
The Q&A forum featuring Sam Allberry is now open, so reply below with any burning questions.

EDIT: Each Q&A with Sam Allberry is now in its own topic in order to make finding these resources easier.

Sam is a global speaker with RZIM. He is the author of a numerous books, including Why Bother With Church?, James For You, the bestselling Is God Anti-Gay?, 7 Myths About Singleness, and his newest, Why Does God Care Who I Sleep With?

Sam studied theology at Wycliffe Hall in Oxford, before going on to work at St. Ebbe’s Church in Oxford where he oversaw the ministry to university students. He then worked at St. Mary’s Church in Maidenhead for several years. He is an ordained minister in the Church of England and has served on its governing body, the General Synod. Sam is a consulting editor for The Gospel Coalition.

Sam speaks widely on issues of sexuality and identity and continues to minister as a Bible teacher and pastor. In his spare time Sam enjoys hiking, American history, and slowly perfecting his recipe for Thai green curry.

9 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why is marriage the antidote to having sex in God’s eyes? If someone is in a committed, monogamous and loving relationship why do they need to be married?

2 posts were split to a new topic: What advice do you have for reaching our gay friends?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is there any hope for the US to change its position on marriage?

2 posts were split to a new topic: How can I help my friend see her true worth in being made in God’s image and in being loved by Him rather than seeing her worth and her happiness in getting married?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can you give your perspective on the Masterpiece Cakeshop and Arlene’s Flower shop cases/decisions?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Because I am a person who is SSA, am I corrupted in my inner being?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is celibacy for an SSA Christian a realistic option?

3 posts were split to a new topic: How do understand God in the face of crushing disappointment?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can a person who is SSA serve in ministry since they can’t be married?

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do we deal with resentment towards God when He has denied us such a deep desire such as marriage and family?

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do we approach other Christians who disagree with our view that homosexuality is unbiblical?

Hello there Sam!
My question is sir
What are your guidelines for the Christian in approaching the LGBTQ community or even common people they meet who is gay or lesbian or any category in the spectrum? What should the Christian do make sure they have respect for the person?

Thank your very very much sir for the response. We are looking forward to it as adherents who believe and think for Christ. hoorah!

Hi Sam,

I have Christian friends and acquaintances who are SSA or in the LGBTQ community.
I often hear them about the ‘Sides’ thing, so I query them for an elaboration. And they provided me a chart. Are you familiar with these ‘Sides’?

As I observed the chart, I saw that they have put your name in the category of those who oppose healing ministry, is this an acurate info about you?

Is SSA immutable or not?

Thank you

P.s.
We missed you for the cancelled event here in PH.
Hoping that WWM (or others) would invite you back :slight_smile: