Auron

Hello. In am Auron from the Southern part of the Philippines.
Aside from the fact that I am so much fascinated to Christian apologetics, I find it helpful to be connected with RZIM even through the internet. I believe that a rich and diversed yet healthy and peaceful discussion can be made in this platform and thus will help us to draw closer to critically engaging to thinking that opens our minds and hearts. Looking forward for an intensional talks here from learned people with unique personalities and cultural backgrounds.

And also, I lead a chapter ministry in our campus called the ISCF (InterSchool Christian Fellowship) a branch of the mother Movement to High School students, the IVCF (InterVarsity Christian Fellowship) which is for college students by the way.
This movement seeks to disciple students who will disciple as well. This also teaches the students how to respond to social issues beyond or within the university.
I believe that as a Senior High School leader, being connected with RZIM will help me become an effective leader and also I will consider this to be my stepping stone to engaging to the authors, speakers and authors and to Christian apologetics (finally!)

9 Likes

Hello @Auron, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: It must be so rewarding to work with students, training them up. I wish I had had that training when I was young. So thankful you are here, I am sure we will be blessed by your input and stories.

5 Likes

Welcome to Connect, Auron. :smiley: Praise the Lord for your heart to serve high school students. Maybe some of them would enjoy joining, as well. What have been some of the challenging topics your students have raised?

3 Likes

Thank you for your heart. Your quote is so descriptive of this forum. Welcome aboard @Auron. God bless you and your ministry. And, you are correct. Not only will you find being connected helpful, but our community will find it helpful that you have partnered in prayer and spirit with us. As @sig indicated, I would have loved to have your knowledge and commitment at your age. I just prayed for ISCF and IVCF, and you in the role that you have been placed. I look forward to reading your posts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@sig thank you. I will try to make bests of time sharing my ideas and stories here. And as I look forward for rewarding and fulfilling answer, even i know that not all may have the answers, I am confident that @sig and the rest will contribute politely to stories and issues :grin:

2 Likes

Hello @Brittany_Bowman1 thank you for your question. You know here in the Philippines, we are in two of the three religious cultures Ravi was saying. We are in Theonomous and Autonomous cultures. We believe in God and we believe to ourselves to be gods. In this pluralistic society we live in, although all questions raised were obviously hard not in terms of answers but on what way will they better understand it; explaining in a way that will lead them to open their minds and hearts to Jesus. One of the issues raised was the abuse of pluralism- that all are right and we should not argue against the other worldviews or religion and more importantly about other denominations… In fact, the main status here is not of atheism and disbelief, it’s about the presence of so many denominations and the confusion it holds to every seekers. Which one is true? What’s the difference then? Are the differences essential?
Yeah.

3 Likes

@Keldon_Scott first of all, thank you for praying. We are so much blessed by a simple act of obedience just like that. Praise God!
Thank you for a warm welcome just like the previous commenters did. And yep, i look forward for a substantial dialogue and interactions with you.
I will surely post some updates and issues warmly raised in our chapter and myself as well.
God bless you!

2 Likes

Hi Auron. Greetings from Malaysia. I am exited to see your passion for the gospel. May GOD richly bless you in your ministry.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. Looking forward to see your posts. God bless you and your ministry as well

2 Likes

Thanks for telling me a bit more about yourself. I appreciate the depth of understanding you have for the culture in the Philippines, and you may enjoy this post. May Christ reveal Himself as you continue to seek His face.

4 Likes

Welcome Auron! @Auron

Your experiences and perspective will be greatly appreciated in our forums.
My husband is also a high school teacher… I know that is a huge mission field!

Enjoy your time getting connected, and sharing in conversation :relaxed:

4 Likes

@Auron
Hey Auron, I go to Mindanao every year for about 6 week and just returned. I work with a Tagakaulo pastor and we go up to the various tribes in the mountains. It’s much more detailed than that but I feel so at home in Mindanao. We base out of Davao. Do you live in Mindanao or more the Visaya area? Welcome aboard.

4 Likes

Thank you for the post @Brittany_Bowman1 and I surely will. Blessings in Christ!

2 Likes

@Tim_Ramey I am glad that you go there as a missionary I guess. Peoples of different tribes are in need of the Gospel really.
I am from Mindanao and I live in Cotabato Province, neighbor of Davao with 3-5 hours land travel.
Well, it’s not random nor an accident that you are here. Probably i am the only filipino that is here but thank God there’s a missionary who goes to filipinos, which i suppose you have learned already the culture and traditions.
God willing when you come back here, we could meet if you have some time and bless one another in Christ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Praise God for your husband!
Thank you for the warm welcome @HeidiMitchell

2 Likes

Hello @Devindiran, thank you for welcoming me. Yep me, i am even more excited to see you interacting. Hehehe

Welcome Auron, sounds really interesting what you do. What a productive vocation you’re involved in. Well Done!. I look forward to hearing more about your endeavours.

4 Likes

Hello @jcoolie, it is and I am so blessed that you are here too. Blessings in Christ!

1 Like