Baha’i faith?

Hello fam,

Does anyone has idea about the Baha’i faith? I would really appreciate if you can point to a resource that I can gain information from. I have a friend that practices Baha’i so I would love to learn more to understand his beliefs and how to point out those misinterpretation of the scriptures.

Thank you!

Hello from what I gathered its in the faith of Islam, but rather new to the scene. I found an article about it here on this site.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bahai-faith.html

Here’s a paragraph from the article.

The Baha’i faith is one of the newer world religions stemming originally from Shi’ite Islam in Persia (modern-day Iran). However, it has come to achieve a unique status of its own. The Baha’i faith has distinguished itself as a unique world religion because of its size (5 million members), its global scale (236 countries), its practical autonomy from its parent religion of Islam (there is little blurriness between the two), and for its doctrinal uniqueness, being monotheistic yet inclusive.

So this seems to be a new religion that is a branch of the religion Islam but has enough believers now to be its own thing. Meaning you can still challenge its evidence of why it should be considered the truth. It talks about the founder of this religion being basically another prophet from God. Well, there are ways to test if someone is truly a prophet from God and you can test that the same way people test it with Mohammad, through scripture.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 - “But if any prophet presumes to speak anything in my name that I have not authorized him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21Now if you say to yourselves, ‘How can we tell that a message is not from the Lord?’ – 22whenever a prophet speaks in my name and the prediction is not fulfilled, then I have not spoken it; the prophet has presumed to speak it, so you need not fear him.” NET

1 Like

Thank you Luna, that’s a great help! I have found a few but this looks is more reliable.

1 Like

Hi @charlesjcn, you can read their beliefs from their own website. If you want they also have what they call their authoritative writings at https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/bahaullah/

Bless your heart for wanting to reach out to your friend about this. God Bless.