Baptism and the Eucharist in Salvation.

What are the role of Baptism and the Eucharist in Salvation? How can I defend myself against Catholics friends that Baptism is not necessary for Salvation? Please and Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, @christinela926 Acts 10:43-48 Shows people receiving the Holy Spirit before getting baptized. Meaning they were baptized not to become saved but as a result of their salvation. This was after the death and resurrection of Christ as well.

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all those who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had accompanied Peter were greatly astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles, 46 for they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, 47 “No one can withhold the water for these people to be baptized, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?” 48 So he gave orders to have them baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay for several days.

This scripture is very clear that they were believers prior to their baptism. Even if one were to say that this is about Baptism of the Holy Spirit they can still see that they still didn’t get water baptized until after it happened which is in verse 48. No one can receive the Holy Spirit in such a way without being saved first. In the old testament yes the spirit would fall on people but it would never stay. What is happening in the new testament is something more miraculous.

I would also say to say these things in love and try to gain understanding and learn things from their perspective. Catholics are still part of the body of Christ in my opinion even though they may believe some things differently. Remember that they are your family and the truth said in love will always have a greater impact instead of the truth said in defense or anger.

I hope this helps some.

God Bless :slight_smile: