Baptism

Hey everyone,

How many type of baptism ?

Thank you guys

1 Like

Hi @Julia_chetty are you asking about water baptism or the baptism of Holy Spirit?

Hey @brianlalor,
We have 2 type of baptism which Baptism water and Holy Spirit.

So could please more explain to me about the baptism water ? Is that baptism water only dipping or could be other way too like sprinkle water ?

Thank you

1 Like

@Julia_chetty thank you for clarifying that. In the bible there is only one kind of baptism, that is complete submersion in water. The English word baptism comes from the Greek word baptizo which means to immerse.

Some Christian denominations have decided to sprinkly babies with water to baptise them but this has come form tradition and it is not the model used in the bible.

We see John, Jesus’s cousin baptising people in the wilderness in the early chapters fo John’s gospel. He was fully submerging adults under water to show they had repented of their sins.

I myself was sprinkled as a baby but later in life when I became born again I felt it was necessary to be submerged. This was one of the most memorable days of my life.

Please note there are places in the world where water is not easily accessable. I have heard of churches doing numerous different creative baptisms in these places, to people who have decided to follow Christ.
Here is a link to fuether discussions on Connect about baptism

I hope this answers your question. If you have any follow up questions, let me know.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @brianlalor
That’s help a lot

1 Like