Barbara Kiely

Hi everyone. My name is Barbara and I live on the Central Coast of California. I am an attorney looking at retirement in the next few years. I am looking to God for direction in this next phase of life. I have a 29 year old son who is getting married in September. I am blessed that both he and his fiance are strong followers of Jesus Christ. I came back to faith several years ago after a long time in my own wilderness with a complacent and less than genuine desire to know God and more importantly, to follow and obey. I was baptized in April 2019 and it was an incredible experience, very different from my original baptism that was done because that is what was expected. For the first time in my life, I believe I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and it is the most important thing in my life. Especially now with COVID-19, knowing He is sovereign and in control gives me peace. A friend suggested I sign up for the RZIM short course to challenge myself and find a deeper relationship with Christ. I did and it is hard to describe how much I learned about how much I don’t know and understand. But it has inspired me to keep studying and learning so i can effectively and humbly share the Gospel message with others, including some in my family. I look forward to this discussion forum as I have many questions and this is clearly a safe place to ask and receive feedback from a wide range of thoughtful believers.

3 Likes

Welcome @BLK8254, I really loved your introduction :heart: Thank you for sharing a bit of your journey with us. I am so grateful you found a personal relationship in Jesus Christ :pray:t3: Yes, this is a safe space to ask your questions and also offer any insight you may have in the conversations. I pray all is well, take care :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hello Barbara, welcome to connect. Thank you for sharing with us about your journey to Christ. It is a blessing and may I say congratulations to your son on his upcoming marriage. I am sure you will add much to the discussion as you share your thoughts and questions. Blessings to you.
Mike

1 Like

Welcome aboard @BLK8254. Thank you for your transparency. Would love to read about your testimony in the members testimony category if your are so led I am an attorney also nearing retirement. I have a 37 year old and a 32 year old. Both live in Phoenix. I live in Michigan and in looking so forward to moving to Arizona at least for the Winter. I hope you continue your path and I hope that connect is part of it. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like