Beatriz Lopez

Hello Everyone!
I am from Puerto Rico and I want to connect because I still have so many questions and also I want to keep learning in order for me to defend the Christian faith to others while planting a seed of faith in their perspective.

I want to contribute by answering questions that speak to my heart or that need clarification but I always want someone from RZIM to help as I feel they are more equipped.

6 Likes

Hi @lopezbeatriz28, welcome to connect! You have come to the right place for answers to your questions. When you browse through the topics, if you do not see your particular question addressed, you can start a topic of your own when you feel comfortable doing so.
I see you have taken the core module. What stood out the most? I have a feeling what you might say, but still curious :wink:
Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself and enjoy browsing🙂

3 Likes

Hi @sig,

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. What stood out to me the most was the way the women spoke about their given topics. I remember the one that talked about the trinity and I’ve never heard anyone addressing the trinity topic like she did. I didn’t even know it was something that had to be explained. I just always thought God is Jesus is Holy Spirit, that’s it. He is 3 and no need to question. All the women speakers in the course inspired me to want to speak up about this faith! and also I kind of want to be like them! :relaxed::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you for sharing that :pray:

2 Likes

HI Beatriz! @lopezbeatriz28
I came away from the Core Module feeling the same way! - I want to have the words and wisdom flow out of me the way it does them! All that to say- God is using you. I can tell you have such a sweet spirit and kindness about you- This will resonate with people. You also seem to be the kind of person others want to open up to- so, keep doing your thing, sister :wink:
Thankfully, Connect is a great place to grow and learn together- I know I will be learning for the rest of my life!

I hope you’ll feel blessed and encouraged in this community!
Your perspective on things will be a blessing, as well :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @lopezbeatriz28. Love your enthusiasm. You are one of those women that the Holy Spirit has and will continue to give words. The core module has equipped you more than you know. I hope you are able to enjoy some of the electives too. Thank you for coming alongside us. How would you like to help us welcome new members to the site. Just feel free to take that task on. I truly feel many will be drawn to your enthusiasm and your heart. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome, Beatrice! My pastor and his family are Puerto Rican. They are Jewish as am I and visit family there several times a year. I love hearing him on the phone with his PR family!

In what part of PR do you love?

1 Like

@HeidiMitchell thank you for this message! It really encourages me to keep seeking Him. I also will be learning for the rest of my life. I think we all will since it is a journey.

Blessings!

1 Like

Thank you @Keldon_Scott for the welcoming message! I would love to help welcome new members but I am still trying to figure the platform out :sweat_smile:

God bless you too!

2 Likes

@Nikki_Naparst so awesome that his family are Puerto Ricans!!! I’ve never met jewish Puerto Ricans! I think there aren’t many in the island but this is wonderful to know. I am originally from Dorado which is located in the north coast, 25 minutes from San Juan. Ha ha, I love that you mentioned “hearing them on the phone”. I was just talking to my dad on speaker and I was thinking “wow, we are so loud!” but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

1 Like

The more you use it the easier it will be. Thanks.

Oh, I’ve heard that there are many many Jews in PR! My father said that there are many synagogues there too. And I believe my pastor’s family has a church in your home town. It’s interesting that there would be so many Jews on the island, huh?

1 Like

@Nikki_Naparst so good hear! Do yo know the name of the church in Dorado? The only family I know of that are jewish are the ones that own the only movie theaters in the island, Caribbean Cinemas, but it’s interesting knowing there many more.

1 Like