Bediako alfons

hello.

from Ghana but have relocated to the US

i Ghana i used to watch a lot about ravi on YouTube, and one problem with us as Africans is we use neither the heart nor the mind to follow Christ, so a lot of Africans especially Ghanaian need answers to the scriptures of which a lot of (Christians) including me are so mediocre to answer. i mostly watch ravi to help biblically to give answers yet i fail but as apollo was tutored in the scriptural knowledge by aquila and priscilla according to acts 18.26.
one i really wish i can be helped to know God well, for the basic problem with most Africans that relocate to the US is the grow cold in their faith unto Christ. Also i have an atheist friend who wants to understand the scriptures since my knowledge is less i can not help out?
i really will also be happy if someone can also help out personally too. God bless you soo much in Christ.

my contribution is to help my African brethren to have a clear biblical knowledge on God and His Christ. thank you

4 Likes

Hi!
It’s awesome that you can challenge yourself with this task. I am sure that in this community you will find brothers and sisters that will help you with answers.

3 Likes

Hello Bediako and welcome to connect and America. I need your help if you dont mind with what you said in your intro.

Could you help this native westerner better grasp what you mean by this?

I do appreciate your evident desire to know Christ more fully and avoid the rut that many fall into that cold shallowness in thier relationship with God. Let’s grow and become better acquainted together.
Mike

2 Likes

hello, mike what i mean is african’s do follow religious leader’s not God and we have been trap into their words given. seriously we dont really know or follow Christ but rather we follow their principles of men, so when the principles of Christ is set before us we are not able to do or either we resist. i hope it is clear. thank you

4 Likes

God bless you sir, and i am looking forward t that sir

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying that for me. It is interesting that this comes up now in the present time with the Corona virus, and much fear about what will happen as things progress. I have been studying Luke 18:8 but to grasp the whole meaning looking at chapter 17 &18. These few simple words in verse 8 carry a tremendous amount of meaning, depth as to what we believe.

Luke 18:8 part B Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
Your thoughts
Mike

3 Likes

Hi @dikelfox32 welcome to connect. Thank you for sharing your perspective and thank you for your heart in wanting to be better equipped :heart: It is a good desire and one I have as well. I trust the Lord will bless your desire to better understand and communicate His Word :pray:t3: Enjoy browsing and gleaning from the conversations here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello Bediako and welcome to Connect :slightly_smiling_face:. Very glad to have you join. Just from your introduction I was interested in what specifically would your atheist friend like to know about the scriptures? Maybe it is something we can talk about through the discussions.

God bless :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @dikelfox32. My best you. Thanks for joining connect. I hope you enjoy the discussions so much. Just remember that the woman at the well had absolutely no training or biblical knowledge yet she was able to present the person of Jesus to all she came into contact with as someone who knew her. I love that you want to be better trained, but they will know who leads your life by the way you present yourself as a follower of Jesus. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

mike, please i am a little confuse with the question

Hello Bediako, I am grateful for your reply.
In the Gospel of Luke Chapter 18: verse 8 Jesus words are as follows

I tell you that He will avenge them speedily.

The second part of this verse is a reference to His return and He is asking will there be real faith in Him when He returns?

See my quotation Mark’s below

Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, “will He really find faith on the earth?””
Luke 18:8 NKJV

Your staement of how Africans follow religious leaders and that it makes transition to Christ difficult because our faith must be in Christ alone as scripture teaches.

I was sharing a similarity to how they believe based on what Jesus words say.

Do hope this help to clear it up for you?
Mike

1 Like