Benji Hollis

Hi There, I’m Benji

Where are you from?
I’m from Atlanta, Ga

What led you to join Connect?
My 6-year old daughter passed away 11 months ago to a battle with leukemia. We were in the hospital with her for 5 months. I gave my life to Christ in there. He’s sustained my family and I through all of this. It’s been life changing. I’m on this journey and soaking up as much as I can.

How do you hope to contribute?
I hope that I might be able to offer some insight on how God has worked in my family’s life during the unimaginable pain we’re going through. But, we continue to have hope.

9 Likes

Oh Benji @BH1974, tears come to my eyes to hear all you’ve been through- as well as, tears of joy that God met you in that place.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine the pain you must face and have faced this year. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I’m so glad you’ve joined our community. It is such a warm and encouraging environment.
I hope you’ll find support, as well as, a place to offer all the wisdom and truth you’ve gleaned from His embrace these months.

Your testimony will likely inspire many others. Please feel free to share in the testimonies category (if and when you feel ready :heart:)

Thanks again for joining us… Thinking of you as I read this verse:

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 English Standard Version (ESV)

God of All Comfort

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

6 Likes

Hello Benji,
Welcome to this forum. As a father who also spent weeks, (not months as you did), in a pediatric crisis situation, the Lord doesn’t ignore our prayers, He hears them always and answers them. I am glad you are so open to growing in your new faith. Everyone has questions that help us grow and mature as we mull over the possible meanings of things. It is safe to ask many different types of questions here. So many people from around the world are dealing with similar questions you may have. Some of the questions may have been answered from others in the past, but need asking and hearing inputs again. So many people have joined this forum that God opened up through RZIM. I hope that your curiosity is sweetened and your knowledge is sharpened as you read and write and grow here and where it is you fellowship. May God’s angels deliver mercy and healing to you and your family as you move along the road of grief.
Shalom,
Brian

5 Likes

@BH1974-
My heart breaks with you and your family. I know you must be feeling the loss of your daughter’s presence keenly. And, like @HeidiMitchell mentioned, I also want to share in the joy of you coming to know God through it all. What a powerful story!

I look forward to learning with and from you on this forum, and pray that this community would be one that strengthens and encourages you on your journey with Christ.

4 Likes

Hi @BH1974,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. That is so moving… as the father of a seven and five year old, I can still only barely imagine what you have gone through. If you are comfortable, I would be curious to hear how this experience brought you to know Christ and what that has meant to you. I think that story would encourage anyone who read it. We have a #christian-growth:member-testimonies section if that is of interest.

I’m praying for you this afternoon.

5 Likes

I really appreciate all of the kind words. I’d be happy to share my testimony. She’ll have been gone a year on September 16th. God has already used her little life to reach so many people…and he continues to. I’ll head over to that forum and post it for everyone to read.

Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement! Prior to my daughter’s diagnosis, this definitely not a place I would have visited. But, now, even in the greatest suffering of my life, God’s Grace and Love continue to get me through each day.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in Hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

6 Likes

Oh @BH1974, I have a lump in my throat. I am tremendously sorry for the loss of your daughter. You have already touched our hearts with your introduction :heart: And the fact that you gave your life to Christ, under such painful circumstances inspires us to keep going. You are so right, He sustains us. God bless you, I am lifting you up in prayer now and will continue to do so :pray:

4 Likes

Hello, Benji! Thank you for sharing about the loss of your loved one. And welcome to Christ’s family. I wish you the best. Jesus is more than adequate for everything you face.

4 Likes

Hi Benji,

I lost my sister to that terrible disease many years ago when I was 8 years old, although as a parent it is far worse. I thank Our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ for Healing me and helping with the great loss. He has also blessed my as I survived 9/11/01 as a NYC FIREFIGHTER.
I am Forever thankful.
Christ has found you and your Family in the most immediate place and will continue to heal you and your family.
May God Bless you Always,
Ron

3 Likes

Ron, thank you so much for sharing that with me. First off, I’m sorry to hear about your sister. Losing someone you love causes an enormous amount of unimaginable grief. And then to endure and survive 9/11…what an incredible testimony you have to share with people.

Christ is the only reason we’re able to even get out of bed in the morning and put one foot forward. We know that our story doesn’t end in death, it ends in victory. Because of that hope, we can endure anything this world tries to take from us. We’re able to find His love in our pain and grief. It’s enough to sustain us. We miss our little girl, AC, but we know that it’s not the end for her or us. For that we are so thankful and blessed.

Thank you!
Benji

5 Likes