Besides the Bible, which Christian books (theology and/or apologetics) have impacted your walk with Christ the most?

Hello Neil!

I like asking this question to Christian leaders and apologists, so I thought I’d ask you, too:

Besides the Bible, which Christian books (theology and/or apologetics) have impacted your walk with Christ the most? Any specific titles/authors you’d recommend?

3 Likes

Hi Isaiah,
Thank you for your query and your patience. I find myself significantly influenced by brother Ravi Zacharias’ talks and books. Some of the other authors I enjoy and respect much include: Os Guinness, Alister McGrath, Vinoth Ramachandra, C.S. Lewis, Philip Yancey, Dinesh D’Souza among others. I regularly use the Bible Speaks Today series for my biblical study. In my reference section, I keep quite a few Dictionaries on different themes / Bible commentaries. Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Neil

2 Likes

Any specific books you enjoy by those authors you mentioned?

Hi Isaiah,

I have read most books written by bro Ravi Zacharias, Vinoth Ramachandra, Philip Yancey… Not sure if I have favourites among them. From Os Guinness, I have been blessed by ‘The Call’, and one on evil titled: ‘Unspeakable: Facing Up to the Challenge of Evil’. I am currently reading ‘Long Journey Home’ and on my list-to-read is ‘The Global Public Square’. I have enjoyed reading Alister McGrath on Science (one on Fine-tuning; although I am not a great enthusiast about Natural theology), His two books that responded to Richard Dawkins and a collectible version of ‘Glimpsing the Face of God: The Search for Meaning in the Universe’. From Dinesh D’Souza, ‘What is so great about Christianity?’, ‘Is there life after Death?’ and ‘God-forsaken’ are some books I have enjoyed much. The list is far from exhaustive. :slight_smile: Blessings!

2 Likes