Bible is man-make just like any other religious book

So, I just had conversion on Christian/Trinity/Bible with a friend of mine. He is christian, or should I say he was. He started to believe that christianity and bible are all made up story by human, he added, “If you counter my statement with ‘the spirits were with people who wrote bible’, then it was also the ones who wrote bible to make us believe the spirits were with them when they wrote bible” He said that bible is mistranslated throughout the history. He do believe there is ALMIGHTY GOD but not Trinity.

His questions:

1. Why Almighty God send Jesus to human kind through sacrifice on a crucifix?
  2. Bible is written by human so it safe to say we human created our own god?

He said that there are no heaven and hell so, you live the best live during you are still live. Now, I strongly believe that christian is not a religion. it’s more of a relationship with GOD and you.
How can I help him? Help me. I really don’t want my friend to be like that. I couldn’t explain him so it mean that I also kinda don’t deeply understand on that too. Please help us out. I believe GOD but Q1 is hard to understand.

Hey @maripgyunglum I’ve replied to your message explaining this. I just thought I’ll send you additional resources. These are videos by the bible project, with animation and easy to understand explanations. Do check them out! They helped me a lot amd I’m sure they’ll help you and your friend. They are really fum to watch and not very long too😊

These are videos on what the bible is

This is a video explaining Jesus’s crucifixtion.

1 Like

Hi @maripgyunglum,

Christian believe in Jesus as God because Jesus fulfilled the old testament prophecies, were showing Godlike qualities (such as performing miracles and great teaching about love), and proved Himself as God by rising from the dead which no figure in other religions proven to have done this. Early Christians also became a believer because they witness Jesus rose from the dead, and so should we. And more amazingly (most Christians don’t know this), Let’s say IF there were mistakes in the Bible, such as in its translation, in copying, in interpreting the text, Can we still become a true Christian? Of course. Again, the early Christians did not have the complete Bible yet, and the resurrection of Christ can be proven to be historically true even though the gospels are proven to have had some mistakes. At first I personally thought Jesus’ resurrection story was a hoax, but after analysing it in detail, I had no choice but to realize He has truly risen because all of the proofs pointing to it. I still had a choice to deny the resurrection but then it means I would be delusional. If you want to know more about the proof of Jesus resurrection, you can read The Case for The Resurrection of Jesus by Gary Habermas. Of ask me :slight_smile:

About no 2, yes, the biblical books are written by men who recorded the historicity about Jesus. And since the books are proven to be historically accurate, they are not fiction and Christians do not just create the concept of God. On the contrary, if Jesus did not really exist, then yes Christians just made up the concept of God. Additionally, the existence of Jesus is proven also by non-christian sources. If you want to know more about the historical proof of the Bible, you can read The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell or I don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Frank Turek. Logically, it doesn’t matter where the source comes from as long as it is proven to be accurate.

To answer no 1, the Trinity, and heaven and hell, Christians believe those concept because Jesus teaches them. So if the historical life of Jesus is proven to be accurate, we can trust what they say.

If anything above is unclear, or your friend has any objection about it, feel free to ask further question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the best way to talk to him about through the evidence of the resurrection. How I view it is if Jesus really rose from the dead he verifies what the writers stated. I am not that educated on the topic in this discussion to be honest but I figured I’d chip in and maybe learn a little!

3 Likes

Hello @maripgyunglum and thank you for your post. I would like to answer question two and then question one.

If humans wrote the Bible according to our likeness, apart from the Holy Spirit’s guidance and direction (2 Peter 1.20-21, Proverbs 30.5, Psalm 119), then it would be entirely different from what we have now. I would like to point out some of the ways.

1. We would be God over all, king of everything, and ruler of the universe. We know from the Genesis 3 account regarding the sin of Adam and Eve and the Isaiah 14 narrative about satan, that each of those mentioned attempted to do just that and things did not work out well for them. These same attempts still don’t work out well today. Isaiah 63.10, 1 John 3.8.

2. Our “bible” would not have anything in it regarding our stupidity, weaknesses, sins, shortcomings or failures. It would be all about our ability, our greatness, wisdom and power. We know that apart from Christ, nothing good lives within. Romans 7.18, John 15.5, Psalm 16.2. When we read the Word of God we see His beauty and perfection, but our lust, selfishness, greed, idolatry, hatred, and the list goes on and on.

3. It would be a deceitful book because the heart is deceitful above all things. Jeremiah 17.9 It would be a heartless, graceless, thankless, hateful manifesto (2 Timothy 3.3) because that is who we invariably end up becoming apart from the intervention of the Savior.

Sometimes when I read the Bible, I do not like it one bit because it reads me, too, and exposes who I am apart from Christ. Sometimes it scares me because its verbal accuracy and precision feels like the finger of God on my condition. Other times it brings comfort and peace. All the time it is living, active, working and relevant. Hebrews 4.12

Now for the first question and your comments

In 1 Corinthians 15.3, 4 the apostle Paul tells us what the true Gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ is and how we can be saved to spend eternity with God.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

When we believe that Jesus died for our sins on the cross and ask Him to forgive us for all the wrong things we have done against Him, He will forgive us and come to live in us through His Holy Spirit. The reason Jesus had to die is because, in order for us to be cleansed from our sin the shedding of blood was required. Leviticus 17.11, Hebrews 9.22. It required a perfect, sinless sacrifice. Only Jesus met those requirements. John 1.29

The link below will explain it in more detail.

If anything you have read brings up more questions or causes any confusion, please speak up and let us know. There are many people on this site (myself included) who would be more than happy to help. Thank you again for your post.

1 Like