Bible Verse on People who near heard the Gospel

(dennis chen) #1

I have always wondered about what will happen to the people who never heard the Gospel. John 5:28 somewhat answered my question. Does anyone feel the same?

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. (‭John‬ ‭5‬:‭28-29‬ NIV)

3 Likes
(SeanO) #2

@dtm255 I think that verse provides a helpful place to start. My response to the following thread may prove helpful. Feel free to ask any addition questions or to probe into the issue further. A brief summary of my position is that:

• God has ordained history so that people might reach out and find him (Acts 17:26-27)
  • On the day of judgment, God will judge each person according to the knowledge they have and the thoughts of their own hearts (Romans 2:14-16)
  • We can trust that the judge of all the earth will do what is right (Genesis 18:25)

The Lord grant you peace and wisdom in this matter. Hope these thoughts are helpful.

3 Likes
(Sally Alexander) #3

Hi Dennis @dtm255,

I have found these helpful:

[Romans 1:19-20 KJV] … that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead…

To me, the first step on the way to accepting the Gospel is knowing that there is a Creator. In these verses, He states that His creation alone declares not only His existence, but His eternal, mighty and divine nature. This witness is available to all people, everywhere, there are none beyond its reach.

If they acknowledge and thank Him as they look at the evidence that speaks to them in His creation, He will surely lead them to Himself, for He desires that we know Him more than we desire to know Him.

1 Like