Bible

(Alexander Marozhe) #1

Is there a link between Cushites who I believe to be Nubians with the Bantu people of Africa?
If so,does that mean the Bantu are infact Hebrews

2 Likes
(SeanO) #2

@Alexander_Marozhe What difference would it make if the Bantu people were somehow related genetically to the Hebrews? Paul is clear that everyone who is in Christ is a true Israelite and that not all descendants of Abraham are actually Abraham’s spiritual children by faith.

Galatians 3:28-29 - There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 9:6-8 - It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

1 Like
(Stephen Wuest) #3

When Paul states in Galatians that one of the benefits we have in Christ, is being an adopted son of God, who inherits (being a co-heir with Christ), this is mind-blowing.

I see all sorts of weird modern trends dealing with glamorizing our physical ancestors. But the people of God is a people of faith, not of inherited DNA. It is a people that keeps the covenant. And anyone, may join the new covenant. This is mind-blowing.

4 Likes
(Alexander Marozhe) #4

That is correct.
Thank you.

1 Like
(Alexander Marozhe) #5

It is easier for people to believe the WORD when they can relate to it in some way like the Nubian questions I posed as opposed to believing a totally alien concept.
Today,there are people in this part of world who refer to Scriptures as whiteman’s propaganda.

1 Like
(SeanO) #6

@Alexander_Marozhe Do you think it is helpful to point out that according to Scripture we are all descended from Adam and Eve - every nation under Heaven? Or that Jesus Himself was not caucasian?

My concern is that if peoples’ faith is built on a belief in their ancestry, that is not a Gospel centered faith. Paul was clear that our ancestry cannot save us.

1 Like
(Alexander Marozhe) #7

I think we read the Old Testament for valid reasons.Archeology too,for confirmation of Scriptures and so does History.
It appears the Nubian fact is deliberately set aside/sidelined…and yet it could help in winning souls.I honestly wonder why there is such a deliberate effort not to tell the Nubian story when a lot is said about the Assyrian,Persian,Egyptian etc.
Could it be the Nubian are very significant to upset certain beliefs?Some truths that should never be told?

(SeanO) #8

@Alexander_Marozhe What specific beliefs / truths are you referring to that should not be told? In what way could the Nubian story be helping to win souls? I am not familiar with this particular area.

(Alexander Marozhe) #9

The brutal words of “Richard Smith”, famous British guitarist, during an interview …
:frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I have been asked many times what I think of Africans, here is what I think of Africans, without language and without taboos.

They sell everything to the highest bidder, even the land. Then they poison themselves with everything that is edible.

“I am not racist because I do not believe for a single second that I am superior to a Black man”.
The difference with them is that, “we think of our descendants”, we are calculators, we protect our interests and we’ll kill for that if need be".

“We are not emotional, we have passed this stage”. If the Lion has pity on the Gazelle, it is he who will die of hunger. “They have lions at home, but they do not understand the laws of nature”!!!.

“For everything, they confide in Superstition and Religion”.
The difference between the others and Blacks is, “while others reflect, Blacks do not think, they do not use their intellectual capacity and very few Blacks are analytical”.

And when a few Black people pierce through, we admit them to our side or eliminate them in one way or another, most often, with the hand of other Blacks.

“We brought them our God and continuously invent fuzzy concepts to confuse them more”.

In a hundred years, their descendants will be more slaves than they are now!!!
“They are already more unhappy than the generation of their parents”, and they naively believe that numbers will be their strength.

“Just watch how they drown at sea to come here”. We conquered them with a few tens of ours and the active help of theirs.(Blacks selling their own for FAKE JOBS/PROSTITUTION)

We forced them to speak and write in our languages!!!..they even judge each other by how much one can speak like us
We will control their descendants more than we control them right now.
(Happening already!:sob::sob:)

Other people understood our game, (like d Chinese, Indians, Koreans,etc.) they started to use the same technical knowledge as us to protect and dissuade, but the Blacks did not understand anything.

“I’m sorry to be so brutal in my franchise. Nothing personal, I’m just plain.”

(Richard Smith)

If you have ever read please re read and reflect😳
This does not help at winning souls does it?And yet this is the generally accepted thinking globally.
Compare and contrast this with the write-up by McCauley I sent you coupled with the Nubian history.

(SeanO) #10

@Alexander_Marozhe I did not receive anything by McCauley - could you repost it?

The abusive use of authority / power by those claiming the name of Christ in the West has indeed been tragic beyond words. Personally, I think the way we overcome these stereotypes is by living the life of Christ in the way we serve others and pointing people to Jesus rather than to our culture - one person at a time. If the Church lives out their faith then people will see and feel that love and be drawn to the Lord.

You might find these threads interesting:

Arguably, because of the transcendence of the great supreme deity and the institution of appeasing sacrifices, it would have been rudimentary for the West African mind to comprehend the functional role of Christ and his atoning sacrifice once and for all because in many ways West African spirituality shares foundational beliefs with Christianity.

(Alexander Marozhe) #11

SeanO
April 13

@Alexander_Marozhe I did not receive anything by McCauley - could you repost it?
The abusive use of authority / power by those claiming the name of Christ in the West has indeed been tragic beyond words. Personally, I think the way we overcome these stereotypes is by living the life of Christ in the way we serve others and pointing people to Jesus rather than to our culture - one person at a time. If the Church lives out their faith then people will see and feel that love and be drawn to the Lord.
You might find these threads interesting:
Arguably, because of the transcendence of the great supreme deity and the institution of appeasing sacrifices, it would have been rudimentary for the West African mind to comprehend the functional role of Christ and his atoning sacrifice once and for all because in many ways West African spirituality shares foundational beliefs with Christianity.

Looking for Ancient African Religion? Try Christianity.
The African religious imagination already anticipates Christ.
West African Spirituality Daily Evangelism
@kyraolivia93 Thank you for the question. Here are a few points you may find helpful. The Lord Jesus grant you wisdom as you reach out to your community and open their eyes to His glory and grace. I think one Scriptural point that can be helpful is that God has a plan for the nations and has been working through history to draw all people to Himself. Acts 17:26-27 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in histor…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To
Alexander_Marozhe
April 13

The brutal words of “Richard Smith”, famous British guitarist, during an interview … :frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning: °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° I have been asked many times what I think of Africans, here is what I think of Africans, without language and without taboos. They sell eve…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like
(Alexander Marozhe) #12

I think you will get the write-up now.

1 Like
(SeanO) #13

@Alexander_Marozhe Thank you for sharing :slight_smile: Alright, now I think I understand your point better.

Interestingly, this is not a problem unique to Africa. There are also those who claim that the Romans created Christianity in order to control the masses and many who see religion itself as nothing more than a tool used to manipulate people. And the quote you provide from Macaulay shows us that indeed there are those who have used both culture and religion in an attempt to manipulate others.

So how, then, can we ever choose to be religious when so often religion is just a means of trying to gain power over another?

I think the key is Christ Himself. As Christians, we are not following a man made religion and we are not seeking to dominate others. We are seeking to follow the example of our Master, who taught an upside down Kingdom - where the least are truly the greatest.

Matthew 20:24-28 - When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. 25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

You might find this thread helpful as a launching point for further conversation. What do you think about Vince and Jo’s points regarding Christianity in Rome? How can those same points be transferred into your context?

(Alexander Marozhe) #14

I will start with Jo and Vince.
The Roman Emperor converted to Christianity for political expediency as evidenced by what followed after his trickery.
Personally,I don’t subscribe or recognize the Roman church.
The disciples of JESUS were referred to as people of the WAY…the way of life of JESUS CHRIST our LORD and SAVIOUR.The term Christian was given by non-believers at Antioch in a rather derogatory manner.
The LORD JESUS CHRIST always referred to people as BELOVED or BRETHREN and not Christians.
Now,back to my point.People need to be recognized as significant especially people with a rich history as the Nubians…descendants of Cush,Ham and Noah as opposed to referring to them as nonentities.
These are people who knew YAHWEH as their GOD.They had GOD given wisdom as is evidenced by the building of Nineveh by Nimrod son of Cush who is Nubia among other feats.Lord Macauley confirms this regarding their culture and education etc.
Therefore,the message to Africa should be that they should return to the GOD of their forefathers who is YAHWEH who was,who is and shall be.
I would then qoute John 1vs1 and proceed to talk about IMMANUEL the WORD turned flesh…JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH the SAVIOR,LORD.

1 Like
(SeanO) #15

@Alexander_Marozhe I agree that it is important to recognize our cultural heritage. Do you think that people whose ancestors are not Jewish are nonentities? Or are you saying that we are all descendants of Noah and so should return to the true God? Because technically it is not only the Nubians who descended from Noah according to the Biblical genealogies, but all of us.