Biblical knowledge in heaven

Forgive me as there isn’t really any scripture which prompted this question. Just something I though of.
There is clear need and reason for biblical knowledge here on earth but will there be any need or use for it in heaven.

1 Like

@Michael_Ryan Interesting question :slight_smile: I don’t know. Jesus seems to leave open the possibility that after “everything is accomplished” the law may indeed disappear and we see in Hebrews that the Old Covenant gave way to the New Covenant. Once God’s holiness fills all creation and we see Jesus as He is, is there still a need for written revelation of God when God surrounds us? And if there is not a need, will it still exists so that we can remember the great things God has done? I would tend to imagine the answer is yes to the second question and probably a no to the first. But no way to say for sure.

Matthew 5:18 - For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

1 John 3:2 - Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Hebrews 8:13 - By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

1 Like

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

That is the only verse I could think of. Since you will know fully, I am not sure if you will need anything anymore. Because you will already have everything you ever need in Jesus Christ, there would be no need for anything else.

Your question made me sing I can only imagine.
Sean, Amulya, answered well and I appreciated thier insight as well. Changed in a moment the twinkling of an eye.

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
I Corinthians 15:51‭-‬54 NKJV
I share with new Christian’s that for me it will be a duh moment when it finally becomes perfectly clear and comprehensible.
Mike