Bill Johnson quotes

Below are a few direct quotes from Bill Johnson, senior pastor / prophet of Bethel Church in Redding, California. Can someone help me break these down so that I understand what is being said and how it applies to scripture?

If you believe you will not be free from sin until you die, you have just made death your savior instead of Jesus.

Jesus Christ is perfect theology.

He [the Holy Spirit] lives in all believers, but the glory of His presence comes to rest on only a few.

Thank you in advance. I look forward to reading your posts.

3 Likes

Hi, Mary, sometimes we need to know the whole conversation before we can meaningfully interpret a sentence. But, I will try to unpack maybe what the pastor was trying to convey.

Jesus had already saved us from sin, therefore, we can be free from sin as long as we accept Him as our Savior and ask Him to overcome our sin. Therefore, if you think that you can only be free from sin when you die, then you actually consider death is what relieve you from sin instead of Jesus. Romans 6:1-14 gives a great explanation.

The Holy Spirit is dwelling in us, but we do have our sinful nature. Often time, we allow our own sinful nature take control of our mind. Only those who is willing to be controlled by the Holy Spirit will see the glory of His presence. Romans 8:1-15.

I hope that helps. Looking forward to other answers.

1 Like