Blessings to all

Blessings dear brothers. I have a question. What is the error of the doctrine of the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Hello Jorge:

While there are many teachings of Jehovah Witnesses that would likely be considered controversial or disputable, I think their teachings about Christ are the most substantial contrast to orthodox Christian teaching.

Jehovah Witnesses deny the divinity of Christ. They believe that Jesus was God’s first creation and only direct Creation, but not God Himself. They believe the archangel Michael and Jesus are one and the same. Therefore, I do not believe Jehovah’s Witness claim to adhere to the Nicene Creed, a creed which is accepted by all other major branches of Christianity

For more info see:

2 Likes

Hi @Jorgeluis. Thank you for your question. When I was growing up and JW or Mormons would come to our door, my mom’s quiz consisted of one inquiry to keep it simple and focused on the main thing.

“Who is Jesus Christ?”

As you may already know, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not believe that Jesus Christ is God. They believe Him to be a god and the Son of God, but not the God, equal in essence, nature and attributes with the Father and the Spirit. There are certainly many more points of diversion between Christianity and JW. This one is, by far, the most important. If we are wrong about Jesus and who He is, then we are wrong about everything else. We must believe what Jesus believed and said was true about Himself. Where one spends eternity depends upon their answer to this question.

“…Unless you believe that I am He [God], you shall die in your sins.” John 8.24

https://carm.org/bible-verses-show-jesus-divine

I would love to know your thoughts. What have you encountered in talking to people about God and sharing your faith?

Thank you for your post. May you be blessed.

Mary Beth

1 Like