Bo Abbott - Introducing Myself

Hi all, my name is Bo Abbott and I’m from Denver, CO. I’ve studied apologetics on my own for the last 7 years and each time I’m involved in an apologetic/evangelism setting or conversation I leave feeling energized and thinking, “I should do this more and help others share in a more winsome and effective way.”

Last week in an evangelism class I’m taking through my church, we were given a homework assignment over 5 common objections to Christianity. We were asked to write a paragraph or 2 to answer for each objection and I accidentally ended up writing 8 pages. I cut it off because I realized I had given much more than asked but I still had more to say. I didn’t mean to write that much, it just kept coming. I wrote two answers for each question: one was more philosophically/intellectually inclined and the other answer was more personal - like how to address the motive behind the question in easy to understand language. The feedback I received after sharing with the class was overwhelming and made me want to lean into this more.

I figured RZIM Connect would be a good place to see if I could make a difference. I hope to contribute solid answers and to help make it easier for others to engage with their non-Christian friends and family while also gaining perspective and insight from the whole community.

7 Likes

Welcome Bo,
Keep writing. Even if it isn’t for an assignment. Pick a question and write answers. This will help you clarify thoughts and let you see if your idea flow makes sense. This is something I am trying to work into my own schedule.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Daren. Your calling! I remember taking a course in college and I was studying. I looked up at the clock and 8 hours had passed and it seemed like only an hour had passed. That is when I knew what area of study I wanted to put my time. The Lord gives us special interests and draws us to where he wants us to be. I trust that you can share some of your thoughts ideas and revelation from biblical study and otherwise deom time to time here. Please do so. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

Hi @boabbott, welcome to connect. Your introduction was so enthusiastic and inspiring. I really enjoyed reading it. You made me want to dive into study this a.m. I trust you will be a blessing here. I look forward to reading more from you as you browse through the topics offering your thoughts and insight :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi @boabbott,

Connect should offer you more than enough opportunity to study and provide answers for real questions from real people. Each time you love a questioner and engage with their concern you will also, through this format, helps tens or hundreds or even thousands more people who read along. I look forward to seeing your contributions!

6 Likes