Book of John Bible Study Book 5 Week 15

The Word One to One Book 5

John 7:1-51

Download Book 5 Here

April 19-25, 2020

Information on this study is here

We start book 5 this week! It’s linked above if you need a quick locator.

As I read this week’s scripture, I kept hearing King Solomon.

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9

In observing Jesus’ interactions and responses in this passage, I am encouraged to live humbly yet boldly as one being called to love others and share His Word!

How does Jesus’ power, perfection and authority encourage you and refresh your faith?

2 Likes

I am always so moved by Jesus offering living waters and saying that rivers of living water will flow through whoever believes in Him. It reminds me (and I need constant reminding) that I am not trying to do this on my own, but through the Spirit that flows through us.

2 Likes

Amen, sister! Trusting Him is our greatest hope.

1 Like

Amen! It was kind of cool when they pointed out the God brought forth water from solid rock twice in the wilderness. Jesus is our Rock and the source of our living water!! How cool!! It’s a miracle that living water is coming from our Rock. Love how you point out that it’s not us. Whewwwww, what a relief. I wrote out verse 38 as a promise. When our faith is in Him (not our circumstances or our wisdom, etc), living water flows through us. How awesome! I thought about that also in what will flow through us. Living water. No matter our circumstances, we are without excuse for our behavior. If we are trusting Him and our faith is in Him no matter what we face, we have living water to pour out into the lives of others and into those circumstances. That’s kind of exciting. As I look at past events I realize I either did or did not pour out living water. Kind of highlights where my focus and faith was… that’s an ouch and a praise. I don’t say this as condemnation as we all fall short. But it is an encouragement that in all aspects of life we have living water to draw from if we keep our faith on Him. This is why studying His word is so important. It gives us His words and tools to live a life well pleasing to Him.

Thank you for pointing out how freeing it is that it is His work; not ours.

1 Like

These recent months have definitely been a “what spills out of you when you’re bumped” kind of period for me.
I love your prompt to write out the promises. It’d be a great project to start a “book of promises” that we pray from and document how He works through the promises!
Thanks for the great post @kelelek !